Apparent problem with Stevia in Cardio-C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Apparent problem with Stevia in Cardio-C

Post by ofonorow » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:13 am

Hello
I am a herbalist and acupuncturist
I had gallbladder issues years ago which I took care of holistically--
but I noticed when I was recently taking the vit c with stevia-- after a few weeks I would get very bloated in my stomach-- and I know this will sound weird-- but my gallbladder also felt bloated and I had brain fog a lot. I stopped the drink and after about 3 or 4 days
I started to feel clear headed again and the bloating went away. I know that vit c is good for the gallbladder because I took it along with other supplements and herbs when I was taking care of my GB problem I had in the past- and it never bothered me.

I know that stevia is a natural sweetener but I have read that in some people it can cause bloating and nausea. It probably is not common -but I am super sensitive and there is a bunch of supplements that I am unable to take. I am also allergic to certain herbs that I prescribe for my own patients. Anyway that is my long winded response to the stevia. I definitely feel much better since I have stopped it.
again thank you for your time
Lori

Thank you. We have been told that approx. 10-15% of the population is probably allergic to Stevia, but I never knew the symptoms.

Have you ever tried stevia on its own to see you have the same reaction?

I wonder how much vitamin C you have taken in the past, because it seems more probable to me that the high dosage C aggravated (caused an immune reaction.) And if you had any mercury issues, this would all start to make sense.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Apparent problem with Stevia in Cardio-C

Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:18 am

hmm very interesting--I know my liver is congested --I hope I am not- but maybe I should get myself tested--I am going to see how it goes with the new batch of vitamin C I get (without the stevia). If I still end up with the brain fog-- OY vey I will get that checked out. you might be right--I will definitely let you know how it goes--

I honestly do not know the lot number (Cardio-C) I did almost finish it --so I just threw the container out when I realized it might be causing the bloating. I wish I saved it now ----but it seemed fresh and there was no unusual color.

I never really used stevia in the past- I did buy it once to put in my coffee years ago but it was always too sweet for me and I never could adjust to the taste--I didn't realize you had sold C without stevia.. I was kind of forcing it down -the way a kid would with medicine--not realizing you sold a non sweetened C--I thought they all came with stevia--
I probably would have just bought a different variety had I realized that........again-thank you for your help
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”