Blocked artery: Buy what? How Much? For how Long?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Blocked artery: Buy what? How Much? For how Long?

Post by ofonorow » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:22 am

Hello,
I have got artery blockages and I'm interested in buying the Linus therapy solution. What am I suppose to buy, in what quantity, and how long I'm suppose to take it ? I hope for a reply soon as I'm ready to buy.
Thanks
Jack

Here is a suggestion, go purchase pills at any drug store and get started, if you haven't already. Here is a protocol to follow:

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

To help determine dosage, a forum member developed this MINIMUM dosage table/formula:

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7593

For heart patients, this is a minimum daily dosage of vitamin C, and should be roughly doubled for therapeutic effect.

If you have diarrhea taking that much vitamin C, consider taking some vitamin C in liposomal form, e.g. Lypo-C from livonlabs.com (Note: One packet of LivonLabs Lypo-C is worth roughly 5000 mg of ordinary vitamin C.)

We know it can be confusing trying to decide among our Pauling-therapy powders/drink mixes. They all feature Linus Pauling's basic high dose therapy: Vitamin C and Lysine, and make these non toxic nutrients easy to swallow without excipients. We just updated our product pages to try and help answer questions, let me know if the comparison page helps.

http://paulingtherapy.com/products.html

Regarding the "for how long." Taking vitamin C is cheap insurance for keeping your cardiovascular system healthy. Over the years, people begin feeling so good that they stop taking their high-dose vitamin C - and inevitably relapse. In our experience, the inevitable heart attack occurs in about six months. Because of this, we wrote the book
Practicing Medicine Without a License http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/ in part, to inform people of our experience with relapses. The Pauling therapy is not a cure, in the sense that former heart patients must continue their vitamin C for the rest of their life if they don't want to see their cardiologists again.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Blocked artery: Buy what? How Much? For how Long?

Post by Saw » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 pm

The Pauling therapy is not a cure, in the sense that former heart patients must continue their vitamin C for the rest of their life if they don't want to see their cardiologists again.

What about Lysine and Proline? how long should one take these amino acids for?
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:03 am

What about Lysine and Proline? how long should one take these amino acids for?

You'd think after twenty years, someone would be studying this and we'd know by now!!

As Pauling might have said, "What do we know?"

We know that lysine is entirely non-toxic and required in that diet @ least 1 g daily for life itself. Pauling on the video recommends 2 g daily for "prevention." If I felt cured of CVD, but had the propensity, I would still take at least 1 or 2 extra g of lysine daily as insurance.

Not the question, but taking less then bowel tolerance vitamin C invites a wide assortment of maladies (caused by not taking enough.) The list is too long and one should always take high doses of vitamin C to stay in the best of health.

That brings us to proline - which is "nonessential" meaning that our bodies (DNA/RNA) know how to make this amino acid. This implies that over the course of evolution, there was not enough proline in the diet to meet the general metabolic need (I know, what about vitamin C?). My own pet theory, (knowing about the proline-binding-site (receptor) on the Lp(a) molecule, and how these receptors seems to be used to attach apo(a) to LDL cholesterol forming Lp(a) in the liver), is that one reason that more plaque may form as we age - is because our ability to make proline declines (like everything else.)

It probably makes sense to continue to supplement some proline, if you ever had heart disease, or if you are getting older. Over the years we noticed that the original amount in the Tower Heart Technology product was very good, (my memory: 400 mg per serving) and worked wonders. Most people with CVD would take 2 jars monthly, or 800 mg.

So as cheap insurance, I would supplement 500 mg to 1 g proline along with the 1 - 2 g lysine along with bowel tolerance vitamin C - for life.

***The FDA has not approved my remarks
*** These are my opinions and I am not trying to diagnose, cure or treat any disease
*** This disclaimer applies to all my remarks everywhere I make them.
*** Any government that requires me to say this is not working "for the people".
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:10 pm

I'd probably recommend an Oxidant too.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:03 am

eDOC wrote:I'd probably recommend an Oxidant too.

Interesting. Which "oxidant" and why for Lp(a) induced cardiovascular disease?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:02 pm

(CDS) Chlorine Dioxide solution. We conducted a study on 50 patients with significant vessel narrowing & after 6 weeks it was reduced by 30% in majority of the cases. It lowered all Cholesterol subtractions including Lpa & raised HDL.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”