Increased lysine aggravates pinched nerve

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Increased lysine aggravates pinched nerve

Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:29 am

Hello Owen,

I added L-lysine to my vitamin c routine as the Pauling protocol suggests.I did it at 5000mg.per day. But it caused a pinched nerve in my neck to come back so I had to quit the L-lysine.

The pinched nerve had been under control for about a year since I did a steroid for the problem. What is it about amino acids that cause a pinched nerve to flar up? It also happened with another pinched nerve I had a couple years ago when I took L-Arginine. That one went away on it's own but this one will not go away and it's a very annoying pain. If something can make it flare up like that there must be something to make it go away. I would like to go back on the protocol but need to relieve the pinched nerve first. And maybe take something at the same time as the L-lysine.
Got any ideas?
Thanks,Dan

Until we understand what is going on, why not start at a low dose (you need 1 or 2 g of lysine in your diet to live!) and see how much you can tolerate before the nerve gives you trouble.

In the meantime, maybe someone at the forum will have a few ideas.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

VanCanada

Re: Increased lysine aggravates pinched nerve

Post by VanCanada » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Here's an idea for which I have indirect but no direct references for; try five gram doses of L-Arginine to help counteract the pro-virus activity of the L-Lysine. You will likely get some amount of L-Arginine in your diet, so try from one to three of these doses daily. Good luck.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”