94 year-old mother w/heart failure. Product?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

94 year-old mother w/heart failure. Product?

Post by ofonorow » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 am

Dear Owen,

I have just come across your website and the Linus Pauling Therapy. My mother is 94 years old and will be 95 in November of 2012. Her doctor feels she is experiencing symptoms of muscle deterioration in the heart. Her mild heart failure, which it seems had surfaced over the last few years, seems to now be getting worse and her BNP levels went from 300 to over 1780 over a period of time , perhaps in the last year(when we checked them in the hospital, after she fell on her back...most likely from dizziness from the heart condition). My mother is home now with me and after 3 weeks after the fall, (miraculously she did not fracture or break any bones) and was able to get back to a small amt of walking with her walker. Her doctor, who is a general practitioner doesn\'t think my mother has more than 6 month to 1 year to live.

I have recently been trying to duplicate some of the therapy of Linus Pauling but difficult to get my mother up to the 6,000mg level of vit. c as she is only drinking about 2 cups of liquid per day. I\'ve also gotten her up to 4 grms of LYsine and 10 grms of Di-Ribose.
If I wish to try to help my mother thru the linus Pauling products, which ones is the best for her at her age and what dosages should she be on. If these products can improve her heart function, even at this age, It would be a tremendous help to us. Her quality of life will at least be much better and perhaps she will be able to get back to walking again. It\'s only been in the last week that she is now wheel chair bound (except for brief walks to living room couch or bed or toilet , since the heart seems not to be able to allow her to walk more than 20 steps before the pulse shoots up to 145/88/122 BP.

Any help with these products and dosages for an elder person with heart difficulties, would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks,
Kim

Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Here is our protocol to help people get started,
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

Every product has the basic therapy - vitamin C and lysine, and you might simply start with Cardio-C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”