Posting for nineboy - angina and starting PT

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Posting for nineboy - angina and starting PT

Post by nineboy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Well, Well, managed to make it into another year. I will keep up my Pauling therapy and managed a full night of dancing and sheer fun at New Year. No chest pain to report and vitamin c plus e and lysine and proline seem to be working well. I can only thank you all for information you gave to me. I will continue to report in and let you know how I progress. Regards and Happy New Year.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Good to hear from you. Please keep us posted.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi There, Still hanging in and continuing on Pauling therapy. I have been reading fish oil or salmon oil is not supposed to be good for us. Wondered any comments. Also seeing adverts for Medi C plus products and Linus Pauling name being mentioned here in Canada. Just wondered I guess on what you thought. I am back at my cardiac gym though keeping my heart rate down and being told not to overdo it. I also dance twice a week and during mostly Scottish dancing find it hard to keep my puff so to speak. Pretty vigorus activity. I also walk a fair bit around park nearby but no hills in vicinity so fairly easy. So pretty active. I can't say I have much chest pain but occasionally feel slight discomfort, no real heavy chest pain. I am taking 8 to 9 grams of Vit. C. anymore seems to cause pretty loose stool. 6 grams. of Lysene and 1.5 to 2 grams of Proline plus all the other stuff I take during the day. Wish I could look inside and see results but feel fairly good for my 69 years. Just like to keep in touch and thanks for any info.

randian

Post by randian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm

nineboy wrote:I have been reading fish oil or salmon oil is not supposed to be good for us.

Where? The only thing I've heard is that most commercial forms of fish oil are esterified, because that form is much more resistant to oxidation i.e. it lasts longer and is therefore cheaper. On the other hand it's a lot harder for your body to break down and absorb, compared to triglyceride (unesterified) oils. If it doesn't say, it's almost certain that your oil is esterified. And, of course, you should only use oil that certifies it's contaminant-free (mercury, lead, arsenic, etc) and doesn't smell (if it smells fishy, it's oxidized and no good).

I like Pharmax Finest Pure Fish Oil or Nordic Naturals ProOmega Liquid. Both are triglyceride-form oils with high EPA/DHA concentrations.
nineboy wrote:I am taking 8 to 9 grams of Vit. C. anymore seems to cause pretty loose stool.

In one go or in divided doses?

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:28 pm

This was in our local newspaper rshore@vancouversun.com Blog: vancouversun.com/green man

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Fish ... z2J13qDulL
I do take a fish oil capsule every day. It was recommended by my cardiologist. These articles always pop up and I wondered what the feeling was on this particular article. I take my Vitamin C 3 gramsof Ascorbic Acid powder with juice plus 2 grams Lysene and 1 gram of proline. In morning, after lunch and at supper time, sometimes 2grams vit c before bed depends what I am up to. Seems to be working for me, no chest pain when walking or at my dancing. great stuff.

randian

Post by randian » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:44 pm

The title of that Vancouver Sun article is a straight-up lie. If you actually read it, you find that the problem is omega-6s (which you should avoid anyway), not omega-3s.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”