Blockage/Heart Failure - can you help with dosages?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Blockage/Heart Failure - can you help with dosages?

Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:36 am

Dear Owen

I suffer with 85% blockage of 2 of my arteries to the heart and 35% in the other.

I also suffer with heart failure. I have been taking vitamin C as ascorbic acid with lysine for some time now (2g Vit C / 500mg Lysine) which I obtain as powder and mix

into a drink. I am interested in switching to your Cardio-C preparation but I am unsure of what dosage I should be taking. You recommend up to 2 doses a day although the Pauling Therapy would recommend 4 x 2500mg of vitamin C and possibly more. Can you assist with the dosages I should be considering in order to
try and alleviate my situation.

Thanks for your assistance

Roger M.

Very sorry about your condition. If Pauling and Rath's work had been studied, it is likely you would be completely healthy. But we live in the real world.

First, as you seem to know - your small dose of vitamin C and lysine is even below Linus Pauling's recommended preventive dosages.

You do not mention how long you have been taking vitamin C/lysine, or what other medications you are taking.

There are heuristics - at least 6000 mg of vitamin C and 5000 to 6000 mg of lysine is the beginning therapeutic dosage recommended by Linus Pauling before much was known.

We do not believe more than 6000 mg of lysine is necessary, however, the individual requirements for vitamin C varies widely. You should take as much vitamin C as you can, and if you can only take a little, consider a commercial liposomal product such as LivonLabs Lypo-C. Pauling recommended 6000 to 18000 mg of Vitamin C in his wonderful book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER (written before he know of the dramatic connection with heart disease and Lp(a))

Here is johnwen's table/calculation to help determine individual vitamin C requirements
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7593
He suggests at least doubling this amount of vitamin C for a therapeutic effect.

And you mentioned "heart failure." And in that case, I would seriously consider at least one jar monthly of the Tower Ascorsine-9 product
https://fonorow.com/zenstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=33
and in addition, take at least 600 mg of COQ10, and maybe 1200 mg until your heart failure starts to improve.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”