Vitamin C and "blood thinner" Coumadin?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Vitamin C and "blood thinner" Coumadin?

Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:34 am

Would like to know if your can take the vitamin c powder if you are on coumadin? My husband will be going for prostrate biopsy as his psa levels have been increasing and his father had prostrate ca. My husband is 64, but other than this problem he is in good health. The only symptoms he has is enlarged prostrate and his psa levels,

Also, if my husband and I were to take the vitamin c powder, how much should we take. My husband is 64 and I am 65 (also in good health). My son started taking the vitamin c powder, and it is apparently helping him. He is the one that directed me to your web site.

If you could reply asap, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

J.

Well, we all must take some vitamin C or die. It is essential and required for life.

The interaction with coumadin is minimal, but if there is a change in INR from supplements, the doctor should be able to adjust the dosage accordingly.

If I had prostate issues, I would read Dr. Lee's What Your Doctors May Not Tell About Prostate Cancer. (Can't find that, but here is his book on breast cancer - same basic idea - take natural progesterone. http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-About-Breast-Cancer-UNABRIDGED/dp/0760735441/ref=sr_1_14?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361716339&sr=1-14&keywords=Lee+your+doctor

In a nutshell, estrogens promote growth (e.g. cancers) and progesterone, primarily a female hormone, put a check on growth. Natural progesterone creams are available without prescription, and because later in life, the body converts male steroids, e.g. testosterone into estrogens, the idea is that a small amount of natural progesterone can possibly arrest prostate growth.

As far as how much to take - as much as you can is a good answer.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C and "blood thinner" Coumadin?

Post by Johnwen » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Excellent advice by Owen but I'd like to add> while on warfarin be consistent in what you eat and how you take your meds/supps. If you eat all veggies one day and all meat the next your inr is going to be all over the place and their going to be chasing it with different dosages and this creates a roller coaster ride. It might get boring but stick to a steady diet.

Also I think this book by Dr. Lee would be more of what this person is looking for.
Ps. I have ALL of Dr. John R. Lees books in my library.

http://www.amazon.com/Hormone-Balance-M ... r+lee+md#_
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”