High Lp(a), age 50, elevated chol, painful extremities

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

High Lp(a), age 50, elevated chol, painful extremities

Post by ofonorow » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:23 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: High Lp(a), age 50, elevated chol, painful extremities

Post by Johnwen » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:44 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 am

Thanks johnwen. I am late posting and think her email was received before your last post. She has the link to read.

Thanks for your email, Owen.

I have taken up to 6-8 grams of Vitamin C recently, but not with lysine or proline. I will probably double dose the Cardio-C for awhile to see how my body does. What is the most I should be taking a day?

Usually no more than 5000 to 6000 mg lysine, but vitamin C can vary through a wide range, and usually gas and diarrhea are a good guide. 10,000 mg or more is not unusual vitamin C intakes for heart patients.

I look forward to seeing this making a difference. What ratio of Vitamin A and Vitamin E should I be taking?

Amounts are important. Linus Pauling recommended 25,000 iu vitamin A - as vitamin A (range 20,000 to 40,000) and 800 iu (range 400 to 1200) of vitamin E in his 1986 book How To Live Longer and Feel Better. A good and authoritative read. It would be wise to follow Linu's entire regimen - including B-complex.

I am taking a daily supplement of 50mg of DHEA......do you think that is enough to keep cortisol in check?

That is fine, but DHEA is an adrenal hormone, but has little relationship to cortisol, and you do not want to keep cortisol " in check" if you are suffering adrenal fatigue. If I didn't already mention it, all is explained in William Mck Jefferies SAFE USES OF CORTISOL 2004. (I see Dr. Johnwen disagrees, and I am open to more natural ways of making the adrenals produced more cortisol. So far, 1/2 replacement cortisol dosage has worked wonders for me, but I am open to suggestions.)

I am also taking a multi vitamin from Metagenics that is good for blood sugar support. What is the best way to deal with insulin resistance?

Stop eating food that comes in boxes. Read this paper http://healingmatters.com/deception.htm Almost everyone who has tried Mr. Smith's anti-Type II diabetes protocol/diet who has then contacted me, reports that their blood sugar has gone down to normal over time.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 am

ofonorow wrote:Stop eating food that comes in boxes. Read this paper http://healingmatters.com/deception.htm Almost everyone who has tried Mr. Smith's anti-Type II diabetes protocol/diet who has then contacted me, reports that their blood sugar has gone down to normal over time.

Excellent article! We have just started using some coconut oil and now I have more reasons to use it. :)
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

randian

Post by randian » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:49 pm

ofonorow wrote:if you or anyone knows of a way to stimulate the adrenals - I am all ears.

T3 Circadian Method

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:38 pm

This all goes back to getting a saliva test to see whats out of balance.
A person could go broke trying to shoot fish in a lake in total darkness! Or they could go right to the spot with the sun shining upon them and get the job done. If they know where their going!!!!!

Heres more on the T3cicadian method which works for many with low producing thyroids but how do you know their thyroids a low producers????

http://recoveringwitht3.com/blog/backgr ... ethod-ct3m

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/t3 ... s-stories/
research!

randian

Post by randian » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Johnwen wrote:This all goes back to getting a saliva test to see whats out of balance.

The 24-hour, 4- to 6-point test. If a doctor says to take a single-point test, you know they're ignorant, because a single-point test could show "normal" by accident (it's at the normal point of an otherwise abnormal cortisol curve).

The problem is you can't do this test while on adrenal hormone replacement. The exogenous hormones mess with the results.
Johnwen wrote:Heres more on the T3circadian method which works for many with low producing thyroids but how do you know their thyroids a low producers????

Ideally, by symptoms. Hard to find a doc who will do that these days, too many have been taught to trust test results over the presentation of symptoms. If you test "normal" you must be ok regardless of your symptoms.

Second best is by testing Free T3/T4, but that could still test normal even though you're terribly hypothyroid. An easy couple dozen reasons for that. If the reason for your hypothroid symptoms is any of several forms of T3 resistance, for example, your Free T3 may need to be well above "normal" to smash through that wall before abatement of symptoms. Iron levels are also an issue, since hypothyroid both causes and is exacerbated by low iron levels, and you cannot raise T3 levels if your iron is low (to attempt it is a ride you don't want to take).

Worst of all is the TSH test, which is outright useless, but so many endocrinologists depend on it.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:16 pm

research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”