Doctor's advice may kill the patient

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Doctor's advice may kill the patient

Post by ofonorow » Thu May 30, 2013 10:15 am

I just read John Wen's latest post. Good information!

I am continuing (and increasing) my Vitamin C therapy. I am seeing the Lipid Dr. on June 26th. We will be reviewing my comprehensive blood work, that will be drawn on June 14th. If things are not improving drastically, I will ditch the Zetia and reduce the Crestor to 10 mg (from 20 mg), and see what happens.

Should I start taking the Vitamin B3 / Niacin to remove the Lp(a) from my blood. Just so you know, I was on Niaspan and it didn't bring down the Lp(a). After a year or so I started taking non-perscription Niacin again with no positive results.

I will report back after my doctor visit with the blood results.

I really appreciate all the feedback!

Michael
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:50 am

Owen,

In regards to my emails below - I said I would contact you after my meeting with my lipid doctor.

Blood results from June 20th:

Total Cholesterol - 158
HDL - 68
LDL -74
Triglycerides - 81
Lipo Protein (a) - 402 (Very High)
Creatinine - 0.96

All of my numbers have improved. I have remained on the medications listed in my previous email, and remained on the Vitamin C, Lysine and Proline program.

My doctor has added another medication called Welchol (bile acid resin) to help lower my cholesterol even more. He wants to be aggressive on the LDL cholesterol since he thinks there is nothing that can be done regarding the Lipo Protein (a) since that is hereditary, and no diet, exercise or meds can lower it. He wants my LDL in the low 60's range. He thinks that is the best way to treat my unique situation. I would be interested in seeing what John Wen's opinion is on the drug, Welchol. Thank you.

Appreciate the feedback!

Michael

Your cholesterol is getting too low - see other recent posts here - all sorts of risks increase (e.g. stroke).

It is impossible for your total cholesterol to be 158 and your Lp(a) to be 402 (even if those units or nmol/l where normal is around 70).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 am

My Opinion: increasing the risk of colon cancer to lower a number that is already too low don't make a whole lot of sense.
I would suggest he do a search on what bile acids and salts do and then once he understands why their needed and their function. Do a search on welchol and find out how this messes things up. He might be suprised.

Then come back and read this. In fact I suggest anyone who is told to take statins to read this also!!!!
It's a PDF file!

http://home.earthlink.net/~mbabco/statin.pdf
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”