Lysine side effects?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

alfredwenzl

Lysine side effects?

Post by alfredwenzl » Sat May 18, 2013 3:18 pm

I suspect Lysine to constipate me after several days of taking it. Did anyone else experience this?

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Lysine side effects?

Post by Saw » Sat May 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Not for me. What form/brand are you taking?
Is it tablets,capsules or powder?
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu May 23, 2013 12:51 pm

I believe we have had a few reports. Taking more vitamin C should, at some point, relieve the constipation completely.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

alfredwenzl

Post by alfredwenzl » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:27 pm

ofonorow wrote:I believe we have had a few reports. Taking more vitamin C should, at some point, relieve the constipation completely.

Thanks for the advice. It makes sense, although I take my C in liposomal form, which may act less toward diarrhea?

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Lysine does cause constipation in the majority of patients that I put them on it.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:00 am

Thank you Edoc.

alfredwenzl I would like to know more about you and your experience on "only liposomal" apparently for CVD with lysine?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:07 am

You are always welcome Owen. I like your forums & do post some input whenever I get some free time.

Some people on Lysine complain of greasy stools too....

Regards!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:50 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

alfredwenzl

Post by alfredwenzl » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:35 am

ofonorow wrote:alfredwenzl I would like to know more about you and your experience on "only liposomal" apparently for CVD with lysine?
I currently use liposomal C only, about 2 tablespoons daily. I have tried taking 1 L-Lysine tablet (500mg) daily, but gave up after 2 weeks when I suspected constipating effects.
My decision to go onto the Pauling therapy was based on a recent major life style change.
After suffering a stroke in 2003 I was put on Lovastatin and advised to watch my diet in accordance with the mainstream anti-cholesterol wisdom of the day.
Earlier this year I learned about "The Oiling of America", researched views on cholesterol, which I had long suspected not to be the culprit of CVD the pharma industry tries to make us believe, and read Dr. Pauling's findings.
As a result of all this I decided to discontinue my Lovastatin, go back on an old-fashioned saturated fat diet, and start on the Pauling therapy.
I have not had a recent blood test, but don't concern myself with cholesterol levels any longer, since we don't know of any conclusive study proving higher cholesterol levels to cause greater fatality numbers than lower ones. I do trust my body to produce just enough cholesterol to do the job for which nature designed it.
However, according to "Practicing Medicine without a License" the efficacy of the "Pauling Therapy" requires certain additional supplements and/or vitamins,
Lysine being one of those.
I hope I have answered your questions adequately, and very much appreciate further input/advice.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:11 am

I lost context - maybe my too low cholesterol...
alfredwenzl wrote:
ofonorow wrote:alfredwenzl I would like to know more about you and your experience on "only liposomal" apparently for CVD with lysine?
I currently use liposomal C only, about 2 tablespoons daily. I have tried taking 1 L-Lysine tablet (500mg) daily, but gave up after 2 weeks when I suspected constipating effects.

Per johnwen's post, fillers likely culprit in constipation - should try lysine as pure powder.
My decision to go onto the Pauling therapy was based on a recent major life style change.
After suffering a stroke in 2003 I was put on Lovastatin and advised to watch my diet in accordance with the mainstream anti-cholesterol wisdom of the day.
Earlier this year I learned about "The Oiling of America", researched views on cholesterol, which I had long suspected not to be the culprit of CVD the pharma industry tries to make us believe, and read Dr. Pauling's findings.
As a result of all this I decided to discontinue my Lovastatin, go back on an old-fashioned saturated fat diet, and start on the Pauling therapy.

All well and good, I am wondering about whether you experienced the positive effects. In the beginning, a man take 5 g of vitamin C was alive - but not well, It was only after adding 5 g of lysine on Linus Pauling's advice that he began lifting timber, etc. within a month...
I have not had a recent blood test, but don't concern myself with cholesterol levels any longer, since we don't know of any conclusive study proving higher cholesterol levels to cause greater fatality numbers than lower ones. I do trust my body to produce just enough cholesterol to do the job for which nature designed it.

The total cholesterol number can be an indicator whether you require more vitamin C. The closer your total number is to 180 mg/dl - the more optimal your vitamin C intake.
However, according to "Practicing Medicine without a License" the efficacy of the "Pauling Therapy" requires certain additional supplements and/or vitamins,
Lysine being one of those.
I hope I have answered your questions adequately, and very much appreciate further input/advice.

Yes, vitamin C is required to keep arteries healthy, or heal them, but the lysine is the great invention for reversing heart disease.

Pauling also made other important recommendations, including and especially vitamin E, etc.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

alfredwenzl

Post by alfredwenzl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:51 am

[/quote]
Per johnwen's post, fillers likely culprit in constipation - should try lysine as pure powder.
I will try that!
All well and good, I am wondering about whether you experienced the positive effects. In the beginning, a man take 5 g of vitamin C was alive - but not well, It was only after adding 5 g of lysine on Linus Pauling's advice that he began lifting timber, etc. within a month...
I do not feel unwell, but want to take steps to remain so. My cardio surgeon whom I saw after an AFIB incidence last year pronounced my heart in good condition generally, but put me on Coreg (to help letting my pulse rate not go too high and cause another AFIB, since there is a special risk with Atrial Fibrillation for ex-stroke victims like myself (my right carotid artery is 100% occluded).
The total cholesterol number can be an indicator whether you require more vitamin C. The closer your total number is to 180 mg/dl - the more optimal your vitamin C intake.
Should my 2TB of Lipo C not be plenty?
Yes, vitamin C is required to keep arteries healthy, or heal them, but the lysine is the great invention for reversing heart disease.

Pauling also made other important recommendations, including and especially vitamin E, etc.
Ok, not being diagnosed with heart disease (so far!) there should be no need to reverse anything. Should the Lysine still be an essential part of my therapy?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”