Looking for help starting Paulings therapy for heart disease

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Looking for help starting Paulings therapy for heart disease

Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Dear Dr. Fonorow,

Yesterday I called the Vitamin C Foundation to gather information about the proper titration and cautions, if any, when taking the Pauling/Rath supplemental protocol for cardiovascular disease, for which I was recently diagnosed (considered serious) and given a referral for catheterization after undergoing an Ecco Stress Test. I declined the referral and began implementing the Pauling/Rath protocol, which in turn led me to my call yesterday.

I wanted to know if one should gradually increase the doses of the Pauling/Rath recommended supplements. Of course vitamin c needs to be gradually and steadily increased to bowel tolerance, and would presumably be safe to proceed to bowel tolerance as expeditiously as possible, though I'm less clear about the lysine and proline. Any feedback on how to increase the lysine and proline would be appreciated.

More so, I'm fully aware of the complexities of implementing an effective healing program, so many variables to consider. Though I am seeing an internist, specializing in Integrative medicine, his idea of alternative treatment for CVD is the Dean Ornish program and supplements. Unfortunately he's not familiar with the Pauling/Rath protocol, and fortunately he's willing to learn and willing to work with me.

In short, if available, I would like to you to review my health status, along with my current diet and supplemental program. I would be able to send/fax my most recent lab work and a summary of my current health status and get any lab work you might think is necessary.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Greg

You are lucky if your internist is really willing to learn and monitor your progress! See if you can get your current Lp(a) measured - VAP test is good. Any other starting measurements would also be helpful.

As far as how to start, we posted this http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026 to help people, as it seems prudent to start slow, and work up to see how much you can tolerate. I still remember Jeff Fenlason who found us after rising from his death bed, he began taking the maximum dosages we recommended at that time, and in 30 days, we have video of him painting his house. I think the quicker you can get to the proper high dosages Linus Pauling recommended, the quicker you will experience positive results.

Vitamin C to Bowel Tolerance - at least 10,000 mg daily. (If this much causes an issue - then some as LivonLabs.com Lypo-C)
Lysine 5000 to 6000 mg daily.

Proline 1000 to 2000 mg daily.

Rest of Pauling's recommendations, e.g. vitamin E, A, Bcomplex, plus Magnesium and Sun shine (vitamin D).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”