Had a scare today.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

randian

Re: Had a scare today.

Post by randian » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:59 pm

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:22 pm

1. What is the IVC going to do that the oral VC isn't?

You shall be able to take a higher dosage than oral, bypass gut, intense Nitric oxide production to dilate vessels & increase perfusion of immense help in diabetes with hypertension & atherosclerosis. Which is not likely to happen with the max tolerable oral dose. (I would suggest to take occasional IVCs as posted earlier)

2. That's just today's number, not my long-term number which would be a lot higher since I've only started treatment and diet changes for about a week or so now. I'm sure my HBA1 is a lot higher since it's a long-term measurement. Plus I'm not yet on a full dose of metformin since I'm ramping up slowly. I tried a full dose cold turkey but that was a GI disaster.

Well even with start dose of metformin those are high & probably your HBA1 would be around 9-10. HBA1 in my experience is good measurement of the past 2-4 months.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

randian

Post by randian » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:42 am

Hey Owen, can you help me out with the stuff eDoc mentioned?

eDoc, should I be worried about stacking arginine with my BP meds? The relatively small measured effects I've read about (lowering BP something like 3-4mm hg systolic) even on high doses don't seem dangerous, but I want to be sure.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:39 am

randian wrote:Hey Owen, can you help me out with the stuff eDoc mentioned?

Owen kindly help this concerned member.......... Anxious, Type A personality, using internet for treatment..........well it does help but IF Google & net could do every thing we docs would be out of practice.....that's why what I post is mostly based on my clinical experiences.

eDoc, should I be worried about stacking arginine with my BP meds?

Not at all.......Owen is an authority, he'll be able to give a better advice.

Btw do Google about oxidants along with antioxidants.....Personally I feel you need both.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 am

First, edoc - i liked it when you used blue - or any color! (Makes it easy to see your responses.) I just use a color to make it easy to find my last post.. and read from there.

randian when you said 500 mg of chromium X 2times daily I am sure that was a typo - 500 micrograms. (For benefit of others reading)

I greatly appreciate eDOCs, johnwen's perspective as practicing medical doctors, and I do not put myself in their category. I just consider myself well read, and I like this forum because if someone gets something wrong, it isn't long before they hear about it.

Having said all that, I remember johnwen discussing reasons for tachycardia - fast heart beat - in past discussions, and one reason (besides the interesting vagus nerve disconnect) is because the heart isn't getting blood it needs, and starts beating faster in an effort to obtain more blood. If that were the issue, sounds like you have adopted the best program out there to deal with it - Linus Pauling's. (If you haven't added at least one Lypo-C daily - do it and consider it the equivalent of at least 5000 mg of ordinary vitamin C) at least until your heart beat settles down.)

I would also add vitamin E, as a large WHO study found that the number one correlation to heart attack is low serum vitamin E. 2000 iu of Unique from AC Grace has worked miracles in the past.

The ALA (600 mg) is a general recommendation by the Whitaker Clinic and others for diabetics, and like CoQ10 - has fat soluble properties that make it an important antioxidant. Past members of this forum believed that ALA can be "dangerous", but this concern was limited to the effort to remove toxic metals via chelation. If you do have mercury amalgams or other toxicity issues, then you should deal with that right away anyway. Do you? (Dr. Levy's experience has convinced him that no amount of vitamin C can overcome the "toxic stream" from infected root canals and or mercury amalgams.)

As far as arginine - I am conducting an experiment on myself (middle of 90 days) and so far there are no obvious benefits, for example, my own blood sugar hasn't gone down and stabilized. For me the jury is still out on arginine. It sees like that one can probably obtain all the heart benefits with high lysine.

I too am interested in whether, like me, your blood sugar has been high for awhile, or whether this is a recent development.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

randian

Post by randian » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:29 pm

The high blood sugar has probably been going on for a while, as is typical for newly diagnosed diabetics. It's going down at a steady pace, but I'm having big problems with morning liver dumps.

Yes, the chromium number is a typo. I've been taking 2000 IU E and 600mg ALA daily (from Puritan) for a couple of months (which you will note is long before my diabetes diagnosis). I've also upped my dose of ubiquinol (CoQ10) to 400mg a day. I do have some fillings, and they may contain mercury. I need to ask my dentist.

I'm not sure if arginine is supposed to affect blood sugar. I think of it mostly as a blood pressure lowering and endothelial healing substance. It's also supposed to have some positive effect on arterial plaques.
Last edited by randian on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by davids1 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:49 pm

(Dr. Levy's experience has convinced him that no amount of vitamin C can overcome the "toxic stream" from infected root canals and or mercury amalgams.)
I just wanted to reiterate my personal experience [in regards to the above]: I have one root canal [which I've had for 8 to 10 years], and a mouth full of mercury amalgam fillings [which I've pretty much had all of my life]. My health is, [I assume] what most people would consider/term, excellent [if not outstanding]; but I am [currently] averaging in the neighborhood of something like 100 grams of ascorbic acid daily, i.e. I simply "allow" my body to "decide" how much it wants/needs [to overcome whatever it is dealing with (at any particular moment)], and it did take me many years to build up to being able to ingest at that [daily] level. As an aside, the only other supplement I take is a multi-vitamin-mineral tablet once daily [with the evening meal].

Just "my two cents worth,"

David
Last edited by davids1 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks Owen. Probably my last post since am too busy. with the hospital project & website both under construction.

I have a patient 5'11", 165 lbs, smokes like chimney, drinks like a fish, BUT takes daily 10K IU of of D3, Folic acid 10mgs, VC 8 gms & his labs her better than mine.

Much older than Mr. Randian, BUT has a type B personality.

Cheers & Good luck in treating Randian.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

randian

Post by randian » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:49 am

Last edited by randian on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks johnwen - again - and I don't want to get in the way of your response to randian's questions, such as could his tachy be caused by reduced blood flow?

But I wanted to respond to davids1's very interesting post.

Root canal(s) and mouth full of mercury.

And a vitamin C bowel tolerance of 100 grams daily!!! (That is like having the Flu David!)

I can tell you that not only would most people not be able to tolerate that much, at least a lot of people, but they wouldn't even try! What you are telling us, at least in your case, Dr. Levy is wrong. There is at least one person on Earth who can take enough vitamin C orally to overcome a high mercury and root canal toxicity load!

Think of the people with the same issues (toxicity) as you who are only getting the RDA of vitamin C?!?!?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

randian

Post by randian » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:48 pm

ofonorow wrote:And a vitamin C bowel tolerance of 100 grams daily!!! (That is like having the Flu David!)

That's indeed over the top. If that high bowel tolerance is indeed from mouth contamination I'm not sure that taking that much C is preferable to eliminating it by replacing the fillings.

One interesting thing is that one of the dental extractions I got done was described by the doctor as healing "unusually well". Since high blood glucose is known to impair healing, it may be that vitamin C supplementation has helped despite my not yet controlled blood glucose levels.
Last edited by randian on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by davids1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:41 pm

ofonorow wrote:But I wanted to respond to davids1's very interesting post.

Root canal(s) and mouth full of mercury.

And a vitamin C bowel tolerance of 100 grams daily!!! (That is like having the Flu David!)

I can tell you that not only would most people not be able to tolerate that much, at least a lot of people, but they wouldn't even try! What you are telling us, at least in your case, Dr. Levy is wrong. There is at least one person on Earth who can take enough vitamin C orally to overcome a high mercury and root canal toxicity load!

Think of the people with the same issues (toxicity) as you who are only getting the RDA of vitamin C?!?!?
I will admit, Owen, for awhile, as my Bowel Tolerance kept [very gradually] rising, I was a bit concerned [and possibly still am]! I can only report that I feel very good, with no noticeable pain [to speak of] anywhere [including my mouth/jaw]. (And, of course, I take no drugs whatsoever for anything.)

I'm almost positive [but could be wrong] that my Bowel Tolerance has risen because my GI Tract, i.e. bowels, has/have gotten cleaned out. That most certainly is my perception, but I'll admit it is somewhat subtle. As an example, when I began Bowel Tolerance dosing in 1994, at first my bowels "ran" quite a bit. Then after a few months or years(?) [it was very gradual], it was more just flatus [and less "diahrrea"]. In the past year [to my surprise and pleasure] even the flatus is considerably reduced [with almost no "loose stool"], and now my "Bowel Tolerance" method of dosing is starting to be [more and more] a sort of mild "acid reflux"(?) that tells me its not time to ingest any more right now [and that certainly is a convenience compared to flatus, i.e. as a method of dosage determination].

For myself, ingesting that much ascorbic acid daily [via tablets], is very little inconvenience indeed! I couldn't spend more than 5 minutes a day doing it [if that]. (I generally swallow 6 one gram tablets at a time.)

Dr Cathcart, in one of his articles, talked about people [in Africa] with AIDS or Bird Flu [or something along those lines], that might need as much as 300 to 500 grams a day of ORAL ascorbic acid to overcome the toxicity of their disease. I am the first to admit, that would probably "be no fun," but then [I assume] neither is their disease! I also suspect most people would have to build up to being able to "handle" that level of dosage. But if I was dying of "something" [and (I assume), technically, I am right now] you can be sure I would consider "diahrrea" to be the least of my worries!

I always [now] encourage people to try to keep raising their Bowel Tolerance, as it is my belief [although I certainly could be wrong] that that level of anti-oxidant ingestion is [potentially] a very real protection from the common degenerative diseases of Western society, e.g. cardiovascular disease(s), cancer(s), diabetes, auto-immune disease(s), etc., etc., etc.
I look around and [sadly] see them constantly, everywhere, everyday!

People never cease to amaze me [but then I am of a simple mind]! In general, it would seem, they prefer to go to doctors and/or take drugs, rather than try out a simple solution like Bowel Tolerance doses of ascorbic acid. I had an acquaintance the other day email that he would never consider trying to be his own doctor [and thought I was completely crazy for doing so]. In response, I wrote him [in part], that I felt the world was an incredible mystery, and any "doctoring" was always a "roll-of-the-dice," and, that being the case, I much preferred to go with what makes sense to me, rather than what makes sense to someone else [regardless of their titles, learning, etc]. I just try and learn what I can, and then try and make the best decision I can. Life is ultimately an exploratory experiment [from my view], and I intend to keep my Bowel Tolerance, ascorbic acid, "experiment," up, until something "tells" me otherwise!

Just my viewpoint and "two cents worth,"

David
Last edited by davids1 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by davids1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:58 pm

randian wrote:
ofonorow wrote:And a vitamin C bowel tolerance of 100 grams daily!!! (That is like having the Flu David!)

That's indeed over the top. If that high bowel tolerance is indeed from mouth contamination I'm not sure that taking that much C is preferable to eliminating it by replacing the fillings.

One interesting thing is that one of the dental extractions I got done was described by the doctor as healing "unusually well". Since high BG is known to impair healing, it may be that vitamin C supplementation has helped despite my not yet controlled BG levels.
Of course, I do not know [for sure] why my Bowel Tolerance is that high, i.e. whether from "mouth contamination" and/or other things. But even if it is, i.e. from mercury and/or a root canal, personally I would much rather ingest the ascorbic acid than "replace the fillings" and/or pull the root cannaled tooth! Besides, my simple reasoning is that if that was a/the problem, my body would indicate it in some way, probably by [at least] pain in my mouth and/or jaw.

BTW, does "BG" stand for blood glucose? Regardless, Randian, I [for (at least) one] have no doubt(s) "that vitamin C supplementation has helped" your overall health situation!

All my best,

David

randian

Post by randian » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:26 pm

davids1 wrote:BTW, does "BG" stand for blood glucose? Regardless, Randian, I [for (at least) one] have no doubt(s) "that vitamin C supplementation has helped" your overall health situation!

Yes, blood glucose.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”