Withdrawal or rebound symptoms from Metoprolol Succ er

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Withdrawal or rebound symptoms from Metoprolol Succ er

Post by Johnwen » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Location!! Most of the blockages are at the T and usually if a stent is placed here the plaque just continues into the other artery with a vengance. That's why they had him talk to a surgeon because if this area closes down it's bypass time!

Owen: here's a pretty good presentation on what they used. Depending on how much they wanted to see they can do it in 3d or 2d. The images are really quite impressive computer generated.

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/phpwc ... _38487.pdf

The neck was done with an echo.
CT of the chest area lungs etc.

Ray: I'm serious on the anti-platelet Meds! They should have had you on them by now!!! They'll keep you safe till things start clearing out or cap off!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

rayabacus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rayabacus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks, Johnwen. My Naturopath partners with an MD in the practice and I am going to tell them what you said about the anti-platlets and ask if I can get a prescription. Should I just take that until I KNOW that the blockage is gone? And what is the best diagnostic tool to make that determination? I don't want another angiogram if at all possible to avoid.

Owen, I'm taking 200mcg of Vitamin K (as Phytonadione) and I will look into the Super K immediately. So far I have had a great day, feeling really good but just think I need to get a little more exercise but it is so damn hot that all I want to do is stay inside.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:30 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

rayabacus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rayabacus » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm

Hard day for me today....started tachy again last night about 10 or so and had a hard time getting any rest. HR hovered around 100 most of the day and increased to 150-160 and has just now checked in at 156. This is just so damn tiring and it wears me out. Is there any natural supplement that I can take to maybe forestall these bouts of tachy. Seems like I'm getting them on a weekly basis. I have taken Melatonin right before I go to bed so I can sleep.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:57 am

Have you tried magnesium?
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

rayabacus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rayabacus » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:37 pm

I am taking 500 mg per day

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Magnesium sounds good, vitamin B's. Also i think there was a thread on vitamin C as Ascorbic acid can bind with minerals and take them out the body? So perhaps extra mineral supplements would be beneficial?

rayabacus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rayabacus » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:48 pm

I am taking the following in addition to the Pauling Therapy:
Rutin 500mg
Super K. One per day
Vitaminm E. tocos once per,day
Vitamin A. 20,000 IU
Vitamin D3. 10,000 IU
CoQ10. Ubiquinol 1 per day
Magnesium. 500 mg per day
B complex 1 per day
Niacin B3. 1500 mg per day
Arginine. 4 grams per day
Carnitine. 2 grams per day
Taurine. 2 grams per day

Additional Vitamin C throughout the day sometimes amounting to 8-10 additional grams

I'm sure I'm missing something but I take all my bottles and load my weekly pillbox,on Sunday for the week all of,the aminos are powder,and I take those first thing in the AM. PT is,taken in three doses per day,with,VC being 4.5 grams per dose and Lysine being 2 grams per dose with the Proline being taken in,the morning with all the other powders.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:18 am

Are you taking a multivitamin too? To cover all the bases.

What is the type and dosage of vitamin E?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

rayabacus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rayabacus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:08 pm

I was taking a multi and quit when I started on the PT. I am taking a powder ascorbic acid and I take that as 4.5 grams per dose and I take it three times a day. I also take 1 gram tablets throughout the day trying to stay with one per hour but I would say that I safely take anywhere from 8-10 per day. So my VC is averaging 21 to 23 grams per day.

I also take 50mg of Zinc which I forgot,about and and oral chelate recommended by my Dr.

I have been researching this "rebound effect" regarding beta blockers and I think I have just not ridden it out like I should.
There is a definite rebound of cardiac beta-adrenergic sensitivity associated with withdrawing from this drug. It just physically wears me out when I go through a night of tachycardia , I feel like I have a hangover in the morning.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Isn't that alot of Zinc?
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

rayabacus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rayabacus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:41 pm

I hope not. I've been taking the zinc for the last 3 years at the recommendation of an acupuncturist.

For hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol), 7.7 micromoles of zinc sulfate (50 milligrams of elemental zinc) has been taken by mouth daily for 90 days, and 150 milligrams of zinc has been taken by mouth daily for 12 weeks.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:43 pm

rayabacus, from the books
per day in 3-4 sittings
Vit E natural mixed 1-2g so it starts to behave like the digitalis medicine
1g Magnesium (chloride/chelated as oxide is bad ingester)
2g of fish/flaxseed oil for the EFA-linoleic and linolenic acids which help fuel the heart.

The above is from "doctor yourself" i am not experienced or smart enough to come up with it on my own:) Although i'd probably add Alpha lipoic acid.

kohlrabicroce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by kohlrabicroce » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:03 am

rayabacus wrote:I was taking a multi and quit when I started on the PT. I am taking a powder ascorbic acid and I take that as 4.5 grams per dose and I take it three times a day. I also take 1 gram tablets throughout the day trying to stay with one per hour but I would say that I safely take anywhere from 8-10 per day. So my VC is averaging 21 to 23 grams per day.

I also take 50mg of Zinc which I forgot,about and and oral chelate recommended by my Dr.

I have been researching this "rebound effect" regarding beta blockers and I think I have just not ridden it out like I should.
There is a definite rebound of cardiac beta-adrenergic sensitivity associated with withdrawing from this drug. It just physically wears me out when I go through a night of tachycardia , I feel like I have a hangover in the morning.

rayabacus, please come back and tell us when you have gotten improvement because of the Vitamin C.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:54 am

I was taking a multi and quit

The multi is insurance against a poor diet. There are roughly 40 essential substances we need in the diet to sustain life.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”