Cardio-C intolerance

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Esmeralda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cardio-C intolerance

Post Number:#1  Post by Esmeralda » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 pm

After successfully taking Cardio-C for a few years, I have developed what seems to be an intolerance. One hour after taking one scoop, I develop gas, then diarrhea. It his has caused me to stop the Cardio-C. Any thoughts?

aineo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Cardio-C intolerance

Post Number:#2  Post by aineo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:59 am

Although I am no expert, it sounds to me like your bowel tolerance level has changed, which I would suppose would indicate you are healthier than you have been. Have you tried going to half a scoop?

Esmeralda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Esmeralda » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:36 am

Thanks for the reply. The change in bowel tolerance has gone through my head more than once, but I couldn't believe it. I did try a smaller amount, which worked.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by tjohnson_nb » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:19 am

Esmeralda wrote:Thanks for the reply. The change in bowel tolerance has gone through my head more than once, but I couldn't believe it. I did try a smaller amount, which worked.

You could try taking just as much but in more divided doses throughout the day to still get the full benefit :)
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:25 pm

The anecdotal message from over a decade recommending Pauling's therapy is clear - there is a reason Pauling wrote "Do not stop vitamin C even for a single day" in HTLLFB.

Don't stop vitamin C, and if your Lp(a) is low (as I am guessing it is) then there is less of a need to take lysine and proline.

Your report does make it sound like your metabolic requirement for vitamin C has diminished. In case there is something else going on, I would consider taking at least 1 gram of liposomal vitamin C daily - insurance, after you find the dosage of ordinary vitamin C you can now tolerate.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Esmeralda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by Esmeralda » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Thank you for your replies. The daily Cardio-C and keeping my Armour Thyroid meds optimized are essential for me.

Esmeralda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Esmeralda » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:25 pm

So...it seems that I have an intolerance for stevia. I have been taking the Vitamin C powder with success.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”