Pauling therapy did not work Case #2

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

marymcdowell5
Contributor
Contributor

Pauling therapy did not work Case #2

Post Number:#1  Post by marymcdowell5 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Looks like the same thing has happened to my husband. He's in the hospital right now waiting for a cardiac catherization to see what's going on. He had a "mild" heart attach 2.5 years ago--no stents, no treatment at that time. Basically by the time he got to the hospital the event was over. He had a heart cath. at the time and they said he had some plaque, of course, but nothing to do anything about. Since that time he has taken daily about 8 grams of Vit. c, 4 grams of lysine, some proline (although he dropped that several months ago) and a baby aspirin. Yesterday he felt "funny" and it passed, but when the same thing happened today he drove himself to the hospital. Really never felt that bad, but he said it felt like the same symptoms when he had the mild heart attack two years ago. Today. the EKG was slightly abnormal and the enzyme test came back positive for some heart damage (I forget the name of the enzyme). So tomorrow the heart cath. I'm very disappointed that the Pauling therapy has apparently not worked.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Pauling therapy did not work Case #2

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:11 am

I split this so we could focus on your husband's case

We look at failure reports as opportunities to learn - as no one is studying this.

You say "Dropped" - assume you are referring to proline - not the entire Pauling therapy - correct? (Do you have any labs with measured Lp(a) as it would be interesting to know whether Lp(a) levels reacted to his dropping proline)

The 8/4, while a low dosage, from our experience, should have been protective. Again, what kind of vitamin C has your husband been taking?

If there is any abnormalities in the EKG - then we strongly recommend UNIQUE-E vitamin E from A. C.Grace (available thru LEF.ORG) Per other posts, the late owner of A. C. Grace (who bought the company to preserve the manufacturing process as he credited UNIQUE-E for saving his life) recommended 5 pills or 4000 iu in the a.m.

I can understand the disappointment, but your report states that the doctors told you after seeingthe Cath - there was nothing found to do anything about? That sounds pretty encouraging to me.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”