5-6 g vitamin C for 30 years, still has angina at age 70

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

5-6 g vitamin C for 30 years, still has angina at age 70

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:44 am

Hi Mr.Fonorow,
I am hoping you can advise me, please. I’ve just started purchasing your Cardio-C on a regular basis, as I’ve been recently diagnosed as having mild angina and am due to have an angiogram in October.

What puzzles me is that I have been taking regular high doses of Vitamin C for about 30 years (5/6 grams per day on average) on the assumption that I would, therefore, probably never have CHD. Though, both my father and grand father died from heart attacks in their 60’s and 50’s respectively. Having followed the research of Linus Pauling and Matthias Rath for some considerable time, I always assumed that so long as the doses of C were high enough it would not be necessary to supplement with Lysine etc. Incidentally, I’ll be 70 in December. Can you throw any light on why my C therapy has, so far, failed to protect me?

Regards,
David

Hi David,
Unfortunately, you sound like the scientist in Linus Pauling's first case (although you are doing better -- you have been taking vitamin C longer). If you remember the very fist case on the Linus Pauling video, i.e., the National Medal of Honor winning scientist with heart disease who had been taking vitamin C, following Pauling's advice, 5 to 6 grams of vitamin C daily. The heart disease (angina) was so bad, he could hardly walk across the room.

The scientist mentioned this to Pauling and asked if there was anything else he could do, at which time Pauling suggested lysine. (The rest, as they say is history) Many people have pointed to this case as being a failure of the vitamin C theory. (Our view, he was still alive taking 5-6 grams of vitamin C, when perhaps he should have been taking 10,000 to 30,000 mg daily to overcome his chronic scurvy.)

In any event, adding lysine would seem to be appropriate in your case. You know you have the right vitamin C and lysine in cardio-C. Please let us know how it goes.

That first case can be read by scrolling down this forum topic to "The Story Behind the Cure"
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11598
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: 5-6 g vitamin C for 30 years, still has angina at age 70

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:41 am

Hi Owen,
Thanks for replying so promptly.
I have to say that up to now I have been fairly healthy and have done a lot of hill walking and exercised regularly in the gymn too. As I said my angina is so mild that I don’t actually have any pain, just a slightly uncomfortable feeling in my chest that I thought was indigestion. It was only following an exercise tolerance test at my local hospital, that I was told I had angina. When I’ve had infections I also always increased the C up to bowel tolerance, with mixed results. My doctor has prescribed statins for me, but I have so far not actually taken them (though he doesn’t know this yet!). I have also wondered whether I was taking the correct form of C, as most of the UK health stores, supplying it, don’t state the type. I intend to keep taking your powder for as long as necessary, but how long do you think it will take before I see improvements? I’m also on 10 mg Amlodipine, for my blood pressure. Do you think taking this could interfere with Cardio C efficacy. Also, do you think it worth supplementing extra grams of C?
Regards,
David
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”