Mild Chest Pain Now

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Mild Chest Pain Now

Post Number:#1  Post by Bxgpsy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:58 am

Hello All, I have been having very mild chest pain for 1.5 weeks now, something I have not had at all before starting PT. It comes and goes and am wondering are there some symptoms like this that any of you have had, that are possibly related to beginning PT and that are common with this treatment? I have been PTing now for 1 month. Possibly a sign things are beginning to heal, or is my condition getting worse, I take C L-ascorbate to BT everyday around 18 grams, Lysine, Magnesuim, MK-7 K, B6, Niacin, 1 Multi per day, and have ordered Proline . If anybody's got any information on this or has had similar experience please comment. Thanks!

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Mid Chest Pain Now

Post Number:#2  Post by nineboy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:09 pm

First sorry to hear you are having chest pain. Whether Mild or not it can be pretty scary. I guess I was like you at the beginning and for me it took some time to all click in. I didn't get proline to start with either. My problem was angina, stable and unstable too. I am not the expert but it takes a bit for things to happen. Listen to the people here and after 3 years my angina is gone at this moment. So take care. Nineboy.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 am

While your protocol is pretty sound, you are missing a critical component - a good vitamin E.

The study illustrated that a low level of vitamin E in the blood was more than twice as predictive of heart attack than either high cholesterol or high blood pressure.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1985406
Inverse correlation between plasma vitamin E and mortality from ischemic heart disease in cross-cultural epidemiology.

Note: We recommend the Unique-E brand of Vitamin E from A. C. Grace.

And then depending on your age and the drugs you are taking, CoQ10 supplementation may be almost as important.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by Bxgpsy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:13 am

It is a funny kind of pain in that its only there at rest. I did a 1 hour yoga session this A.M. and felt no pain at all, just a side note, I have clay colored stool. Is this an indicator of something? Other than that I feel really great most of the time. I will get on that E and COQ 10 ASAP also I am refusing to take lipitor and metoprolol as I can't stand it. I am still taking 1 375mg aspirin daily. Gas, gas and more gas, I bet I could clear out any big box retailer of your choice with this stuff! LOL

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:27 am

It is good that you are feeling well. In the old Sherry Lewin vitamin C book, she mentions the use of activated charcoal to absorb and control gas. You might look that up on Amazon. Johnwen, is the pain only at rest a clue?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mild Chest Pain Now

Post Number:#6  Post by Bxgpsy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:26 am

Thanks Owen, This morning there is no pain of any kind, i am wondering if this was really cardiac related, could there be another cause of this? I have read Johnwen's post on iron and will pick some up today and see if it darkens up the stool. I am 62 years old buy the way.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:32 am

Gall stones, GERD and ulcers can be mistaken for angina. probably other things too.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Johnwen » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:02 am

Prinzmetal Angina is the name for angina at rest it also can be called variant angina. Usually is caused by spasms of the coronary arteries, as a easy to understand term a Charlie horse of the muscles of the heart arteries!

Low potassium could be the culprit since he has pale stools also it could be a mineral imbalance. Which could be the reason for the stinky gas also!!!

He could try drinking something like gatoraide after his activate day this may help!

As far as meds name brand “Norvasc,” or Diltiazen (Catia xt) has excellent results in this condition but don’t solve the imbalance problem.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#9  Post by Bxgpsy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:02 am

Thanks Johnwen, I started on some potassium and stool is changing color! I had a very light shade of putty to begin with and now we are moving more into the earth tones! LOL I also think the amount of gas has slowed as well, will keep you updated!

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#10  Post by Bxgpsy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:15 am

After just about a week on proline am having edema in both ankles,is this common? Or is it possibly caused by something else? THX

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:03 am

How much proline - and is there anything else in the product?

First, I would stop taking the proline and see if the edema goes away. (Johnwen may have other ideas). Edema is one symptom of congestive heart failure, which can be related to a CoQ10 deficit.

If it does, start taking small amounts of proline and let us know what happens.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#12  Post by Bxgpsy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 am

I bought some powder form of proline, The label said to take 1-2 tbsp per day, I was taking one per day. The product label says it is just proline with nothing other than the capsule comp etc, the brand was source naturals. Are they any good? I have stopped it and waiting for the edema to subside but not yet. I was also putting some unprocessed natural salt on my food, I stopped that as well, I ordered CoQ10 from life extension should be here soon and I am now taking Vit E I can't afford $50 per bottle so went with Vitacost, what are your thoughts on vitacost? Thanks

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#13  Post by Bxgpsy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:18 am

It looks like it was the salt as the edema is now going away and I am back on just a small amount of the proline 1/4 tblsp. Just reading gizmo1955"s post and am facing the same thing end of this month, but my case is a bit different in that I have refused all statins and bp meds, by the way I monitor at home and my BP is usually 119/65 with jumps up to mid 20"s but stays pretty stable. Anyway I have been wondering how to deal with this as far as telling him about PT it sounds like not telling is the best way to go, I am sure he will push to get me back on that stuff, but NO WAY! So then I am wondering how to get him to order another cath or stress test to see if there are improvements, I will have been on the protocol two months by that time. By the way I feel just great! and am getting a lot of work done in the shop, with no mild chest pain at all now.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by ofonorow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:54 am

Thank you for the report and glad you are feeling better (good.) Also interesting about the salt... hmmm

The answer to the question about Uniqu-E is that it won't go rancid. I don't know about other brands.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#15  Post by Bxgpsy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:30 am

Just returned from my cardio appt. I was able to navigate the terrain without disclosing what I am actually doing. I did however ask him to give me more detailed information about what was found on my heart cath and it would appear that I have misunderstood. He explained that the blockage to LAD is %70, I had thought it was 98-99% and the other blockage that is the 98-99% is where the collateral activity has happened. But you know the hurry these guys seem to be in and all the authoritarian BS still has me not completely clear about it. I don't know if I could scan and upload my heart vessel diagram that they gave me after the procedure. Maybe somebody could tell me what is going on? Thanks in advance!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”