why do I need indapamide

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

heken123
Contributor
Contributor

why do I need indapamide

Post Number:#1  Post by heken123 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:30 am

Hi
Why do I need indapamide if I am taking acv and kidneys were checked for something else and fine. I wee lots so not sure why I need the indapamide to bring down my bp but it's not coming down just with the losartan?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: why do I need indapamide

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:57 am

Going back to your NEWBIE post you stated your BP was 146/117 This give’s you a pulse pressure (PP) of 29. Rule of thumb is PP should be within 5 points of age. So if your 24 to 34 your in range however the Diastolic Blood Pressure (DBP) should not exceed 80 which means this is in the danger range (RED). High DBP and low PP is usually the results of high volume of fluids in the blood. Ie. Too much blood! Which means when the heart relaxes the excess fluid pressure remains high because it’s too much for the body to use. So the standard and first line treatment is to lower the volume by kicking the kidney’s into high gear to get rid of the excess fluid.
Which is why your doc has put you on indapamide which is a diuretic ( water pill ) to get the fluids down in hopes of reducing you DBP and the systolic also.
Think of a pump pushing against a full tank of water it has to work harder then if the tank only had a low level of water in it. Reduce the water levels take the load off the pump!

Hope this helps with your understanding!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

heken123
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by heken123 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks very much Johnwen. I had to read several times lol to get it into my head. I'm 46 so I'm way out, he's put me back on after being on them for two years and then trying to come off as I thought the plant based diet I started 6 weeks ago might have improved my bp. Annoyingly it didn't, nor cutting out salt and having celery/beetroot etc juices. How can you have too much blood?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:26 pm

Here's a google book that explains it a lot better then I could in 50 words or less! :)

https://books.google.com/books?id=rwc8w ... ds&f=false
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:38 am

Vitamin C can be a diuretic (at least according to discussions we have had at this forum.)

Maybe you can donate blood?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

heken123
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#6  Post by heken123 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:48 pm

thanks jonwen
Would they even want my blood with having a high bp and arthritis?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”