Very High Cholesterol, Cannot Take Statins

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Very High Cholesterol, Cannot Take Statins

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:37 am

Owen,
I was told to contact you with the possibility you could help me. I have very high cholesterol. I am unable to take statins. I have had 2 heart catheterizations. First one 10 years ago. Just recently had another with a 90% blockage. I have to have another procedure due to a 75% blockage of another artery. The problem is that the plaque being produced from inherited high cholesterol is not under control or being managed. We need a plaque attack. I am a very active , 65 years young, female. Any suggestions?
Thank you.
I

You neglected to share the most important piece of information.

How much vitamin C are you taking on a regular basis?

Secondly, how much of the high cholesterol is Lp(a) cholesterol?

If you adopt the Pauling therapy, and can keep your cholesterol elevated, you are unusual.

Also, if your Lp(a) is high, Pauling's invention neutralizes (unbinds) Lp(a).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Very High Cholesterol, Cannot Take Statins

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:39 pm

1000 mg Vit C

Cholesterol info:
Total-256
Triglycerides-123
HDL-50
LDL-181
Non-HDL-206
Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 5.1

Note that 1000 mg is 1/2 to 1/3 the preventive dosage recommended daily by Linus Pauling (2000 to 3000 mg) , and 1/5 to 1/6 the therapeutic dosage, ( 5000 to 6000 mg) of vitamin C daily for cardiovascular disease.

His general vitamin C recommendation was 6,000 to 18,000 mg daily.

256 total total cholesterol is somewhat high, but not what I expected from your email (I expected > 400) and you are missing the important component - the Lp(a) number. e.g. VAP test (measured not calculated)

I predict that if you raised your vitamin C intake to at least 10,000 mg daily, your cholesterol would begin to drop. And the more optimal the vitamin C intake, the closer to 180 mg/dl your total cholesterol would become.

Unexpectedly, when I began taking lysine too, my cholesterol dropped. (from long time at 180 mg/dl to 160 mg/dl. Today for some strange reason my cholesterol is 108 mg/dl :cry:
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Georgehaslostweight

Post Number:#3  Post by Georgehaslostweight » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:16 am

The VAP test will give you VLDLl and LDLs for example. In my own case my LDLs is 1000% higher than the upper range whereas my LDL-C is less than 100% above the range. See what a difference reater analysis makes....

However lifestyle changes to make wll nclude losing weight - and that may in turn raise the LDL

What about your homocysteine? and lp-PLA2 (PLAC) ?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:21 am

Sounds like another case of “Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism!”
To me anyway!!

Would like to see the following
TSH, Serum T3 and T4, TPO

For reference on the TSH and TPO
TSH 0.4 to 1.2 No higher!!
TPO <4 Some lab’s do “Negative or Positive!” Need Negative!!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1949076/

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/116/15/1725.full

Get V-C UP as PER OWEN’S POST!!!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by nineboy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Yes keep taking the Vitamin C. However they still keep trying to get me back on statins even 5mg. They bother my legs for walking and my dancing. So I am not taking them. They have mentioned a P something inhibitor injection but I'm happy with my vitamin C regime. For now my angina is gone, will it return I'm not sure but I will not stop taking Vitamin C no not for one day. At this time life is good. Take care. nineboy. :D

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by SonnyCrack » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:06 pm

Johnwen wrote:Sounds like another case of “Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism!”
To me anyway!!

John, can you please share any data showing that a TSH level higher than 1.2 is detrimental? Mine has went down from 2.6 to 2.1 since starting Pauling therapy along with 200 mcg of Iodine via Kelp supplement and I can't find any reference indicating a level of 2-3 would be harmful.

Thanks in advance and thanks for the links.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by exitium » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:01 am

SonnyCrack wrote:
Johnwen wrote:Sounds like another case of “Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism!”
To me anyway!!

John, can you please share any data showing that a TSH level higher than 1.2 is detrimental? Mine has went down from 2.6 to 2.1 since starting Pauling therapy along with 200 mcg of Iodine via Kelp supplement and I can't find any reference indicating a level of 2-3 would be harmful.

Thanks in advance and thanks for the links.

Thats the rub and why John said "SUBCLINICAL". It seems modern medicine only sees black and white, ie you either have a disease or you dont and the people in between, those who suffer symptoms of disease but yet not quite enough other factors qualify for the label they get swept under the carpet.

I would recommend switching to lugols style iodine and dont forget to add selenium, taking iodine without ample selenium can actually exacerbate the problem. Ive been taking 35-50mg iodine/iodine for years now, helped my metabolism greatly.

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by SonnyCrack » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:52 am

I understand the subclinical aspect however with me atleast, I need SOMETHING tangible, a study or two that shows that absent of symptoms that a TSH of say 1.2 is better than 2.1,,

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by exitium » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:43 am

SonnyCrack wrote:I understand the subclinical aspect however with me atleast, I need SOMETHING tangible, a study or two that shows that absent of symptoms that a TSH of say 1.2 is better than 2.1,,

You likely wont find many if any studies because it falls into the grey area. If the drug industry cant use a study to push a product its generally not done or done infrequently.

I guess the question I have is are you actually absent of symptoms? Or do you have mild symptoms you may not realize are actually symptoms. Thyroid functions affects to some degree so many other hormonal systems in the body. Often times my the time people get into their 40's (and its actually happening more frequently at younger ages more and more now days) that people are seeing lower sex hormone levels that often coincide with elevated, yet still in range, TSH levels. Many times various symptoms associated with a sluggish thyroid are also associated with other things, one in particular is aging so its often dismissed as something else or just part of getting old.

Since John is an actual MD (if memory serves) I m guessing he speaks from experience in dealing with cases like this. I would personally put more weight in his direct experience than I would a couple papers payed for by big pharma. At the end of the day however the choice is yours.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by Johnwen » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:28 pm

Here’s a couple of links that layout the connection very well!
Hope they help with your understanding on this matter!

http://www.vitabase.com/blog/energy/sub ... idism.aspx

https://www.jscimedcentral.com/Endocrin ... s-1043.pdf
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”