Best way, and how often to take vitamin C and lysine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Best way, and how often to take vitamin C and lysine

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:27 am

Hi Mr. Fonorow - I just started taking Vit C, Lysine and Proline to try to reduce my LDL's. I read that Vit C only stays in the blood for a maximum of 30 minutes. I have thus far been splitting my doses between the morning and evening, but thought that it might be more beneficial to take it throughout the day. The only way I can think of to do that is to mix an entire day's worth of the supplement in a jar of water and sip it through the day. However, I read that Vit C oxidizes in water after 30 minutes. Can you offer any feedback as to whether taking it twice a day versus taking it throughout the day has any significant impact on its effectiveness? And, whether mixing it in water would work?

Thank you for your time,

The half-life of vitamin C in the blood is 30 minutes, meaning that after 30 minutes about half of what was in the blood has either been absorbed by cells or eliminated in the urine. This leads to recommendations to take at least 500 mg every 3 to 4 hours, to keep the blood levels at their highest.

Experiment by biochemist and author Sherry Lewin have shown that about half the potency of vitamin C is lost in 4 hours when vitamin C is mixed with water. (You should be able to account for this by adding more vitamin C, as the higher the concentration, the slower the loss in solution.)

I have started sipping my vitamin C from a water bottle, (but a recent blood test just discovered that my white blood cells are vitamin C deficient? That is another story, and may have to do with a lack of insulin.)

I used to take 9000 mg of vitamin C, twice a day, as Linus Pauling reported that he did, because I could, and because this was more convenient.

The only real thing that matters is following Pauling's advice to take vitamin C every day, and not missing even a single day.

As far as "reducing your LDLs", what you are really doing is correcting the underlying problem, low vitamin C, that leads to weak arteries, which then leads to the body trying to repair and stabilize the arteries with materials, such as cholesterol. After you strengthen your arteries, cholesterol will not be needed and will tend to drop off naturally, as a consequence of treating the real cause of the problem: Chronic Scurvy.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”