DC's dad not responding to Pauling Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

DC's dad not responding to Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:53 am

Hi Owen,

My name is Dr. JJ.P., and it was suggested that I contact you regarding my father's condition and experience with Cardio C.

He is a Cardiac patient with a history of bypass surgery 6 years ago. Followed by a stent to the bypass 3 years ago, and 1 month ago they found the original stent was 70%blocked. They ballooned it open and added another stent above it.

This week he went to ER for 3 episodes of right arm going limp for 5 seconds at a time. So far,the report is that there is a less than 50% blockage in Left carotid artery, however extensive arteriosclerosis throughout blood vessels of the brain.
No treatment is planned since angiogram showed no loss of blood flow with positional changes.

He does have high cholesterol 280, with HDL at 37 and LDL at 140 and triglycerides around 250. He is 5'5 and 165lbs.
He takes plavix, and a high BP med post stent.

He has been taking Cardio C for approximately 2 years 2X day. We were hoping Cardio C would help improve his condition.

My question, is there something else we should be doing, other than improving the lipid profile to help halt this build up of plaque and maybe even clear it.

Also, He is a diabetic, however currently does not take meds, as he is controlling sugar with diet alone.

I sincerely appreciate any feedback you can give, based on your knowledge, and case studies.

J

My first question is about the original stents. They usually put in "medicated" or sometimes radioactive stents, with the idea of stopping "re-stenosis" - restenosis is simply the artery trying to heal itself. These style stents make it tougher for Pauling's therapy to be effective and the usual recourse is to increase vitamin C to bowel tolerance.

If they know about calcification - that indicates that he should also be taking vitamin K. The LEF.ORG Super-K product has protected my wife and I from ANY arterial calcification. The Pauling therapy, by itself, will not affect calcium deposits. Also, most heart patients are on drugs that lead to rapid calcification of soft tissues.

His elevated cholesterol indicates that his vitamin C level is not optimal - too low.​ ​ At more optimal vitamin C, total cholesterol will normalized to around 180 mg/dl.

What is the BP drug? (​You do know they canceled at least 2 plavix trials - because the placebo group was faring better than the Plavix group! )

Re dosages. I suspect that 6 grams of lysine is sufficient. However, he probably needs to at least double his vitamin C, and if there are stomach/ gas issues, he can add some liposomal on top of the C powder.​

Is he a Type I or Type II diabetic. This is probably having an impact. At least in my case, it seems that insulin does control how much vitamin C enters cells, so elevated blood sugar and/or low insulin, can hurt his vitamin C levels.​
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: DC's dad not responding to Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:42 am

It sounds like they used a saphenous vein for the bypass and now is experiencing what is known as Neo-intimal hyperplasia. Which is an over growth of endothiel tissue over the junction. The body does this when the levels Nitric are lower then expected and the body try’s to get the Vein that was used to become a producing vessel which doesn’t work because it’s a vein not an artery and the cells cluster at the junction and eventually block it off. Causing the bypass to become non functional and the patient is back to square one.

Now that they double stented the bypass it is essential to get the Nitric levels up as to stop this process. Because this option has expired!

This can be done with L-Arginine as a supplement 2-3 times a day.
PLUS Scripted Med’s such as Imdur (Isosorbide Mono nitrate ER) between 75 to 90Mg. Divided over the day (TID).

He’s also probably experiencing Vasospasms which is what the arteries do they spasm trying to shake the blockage out! Which causes an array of problems starting with angina.

For this He needs to be on Norvasc! NOT Amlodipine or any other generic! Because this is what NORVASC was originally designed to do! It’s byproduct is reducing BP which is what the generic’s only do!
A good starting dose is 10mg. Divide twice a day Ie. 5mg. BID!

NORVAC is medically necessary! Do not substitute!
I know it’s an expensive drug because most insurance companies believe the generics work on BP just as good but this not for BP control it’s for vasospasms!!!

So to summarize your NOT dealing with a plaque build up! It’s the body trying to get a foreign vessel to do a job it was never designed to do!
This is the reason almost all bypass surgeries now are done with arteries and not veins! However sometimes this Option is not feasible and the vein has to be used and the symptoms he’s experiencing usually come in within 1 to 10 years! Those with higher nitric levels sometimes hang in there longer.

BTW: Get his thyroid checked TSH,T4,T3,TPOab!

Hope this helps!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”