Female friend, 46, Heartattack, 2 stents, Prinzmetal Angina? Histamin intolerance, Allergies

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Ephra

Female friend, 46, Heartattack, 2 stents, Prinzmetal Angina? Histamin intolerance, Allergies

Post Number:#1  Post by Ephra » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:47 am

Hello and good day, my name is Esther, I'm from The Hague/the Netherlands.

I'm here because of my most dearest friend (46 yrs, female) who had a heart attack, now 10 days ago.
After she had a severe reaction -we do now think -searching the internet- CAS -coronary artery spasm/Prinzmetal angina
- triggered/related by what we think ASA/Sampter's Triad * and histamine intolerance.

*http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/head-neck/diseases-conditions/asa-triad?_ga=1.258973186.961088988.1468323252

Case:
She's on a very strict anti-histamine diet for 3 months, stopped 6 months ago with smoking for good (was on and of for years) and was finally feeling great, energetic, flowing and healthy! This day she was having a relaxed and good time out in the country and thought what the heck! and she ate and drank all and many things she shouldn't. She woke up in the middle of the night, unwell, short of breath. She thought, allright, I'm familiar with this, I will get through this, no panic, my own fault! I've got my inhaler and my anti-histamine pills, I'll be allright. But then the symptoms changed: tinglings and pain in arm, back of the neck, to jaw, with severe pressure and pain on chest. This she never had before. (A half year earlier I was there with her, when she was on the go for a anaphylactic shock, and when her speech became confused and weird I put an EpiPen in her leg and called 911 =112 here)

She became extremely unwell, dizzy, nauseous, feeling no legs and in pain, going 'out', her boyfriend literally carried her to the hospital (across the street). After she almost had to scream that this was not 'hyperventilation', she was brougt to the CCU, they took blood and yes: a heart attack. They injected her with some kind of blood-thinner, but that made things extremely worse, starting with swelling of lips and throat and resulting in severe anaphylactic shock and vomitting all over the place, turning blue and couldn't breath at the same time. She thought she was gonna die. There were 8 (!) doctors/nurses around her, who didn't now what to do. They almost decided to cut her throat for a tracheostoma. Afterwards (giving her prednison) turned out there was a substance in the bloodthinner what was close to ibuprofen and that was causing the shock - though she told them 3 times she's allergic to NSAID's. Well, there were 2 arteries, one right, one left with a blockage of 80%.

There she was lying exhausted, scared and confused -just having experienced a heart attack and a severe shock on top of it, when someone (she couln't tell/remember) literally put a piece of paper in her face manipulating her to sign: if she was "willing" to participate in a clinical trial called "Bionyx" -> OSIRO versus ONYX stents. She couldn't think, was broken down and just signed. When the cardiologist wanted to start with the artery on the right (putting the stent), the blockage was gone - clearly a spasm. Then he went to the other artery on the left , the blockage was still there. And he noticed that 'there was some plaque'. So he immediately put 2 stents (OSIRO DES) there. Afterwards, another younger cardiologist politely/cautious said in not so direct and many words that in his opinion this was too soon and had not been necessary! But: "the cardiologist had decided to do so".

She's been in the hospital for 5 days, cause she kept on having symptons/allergic responses/restless, racing heart/chest-pain and feeling awfully tired and unwell. First because of the Ascal, so they changed that to Apixaban. The Prednison they have skipped. The beta-blocker they have skipped. She then was still on Lipitor -80mg (!!!). She went home, but the next day already went back after calling 911 - then they stopped the Lipitor - not easy, she demanded that. And they did. YES, GOOD!! The chest-pain went almost immediately away for 80 % so she feels - still is.

She now is having mild spasm's and mild arm/chest pain, they go away when she uses the nitroclycerinspray. She's having extremely tiring episodes and she thinks it's the promocard, cause that's isosorbide monotrate and she's also intolerant to nitrates.
They warn/pressure her that she has to be on statins again. The main reason I'm here, cause: no, we won't. Her GP really cares for her and is cautiously but seriously open to find alternatives.

This is her current medication:

- Plavix 75 mg - we're aware of the possible side effects of Plavix - told her/read the post of Johnwen -> Black&Blue spots.
- Pantoprazol 40 mg
- Amlodipine 2x 5 mg
- Promocard (vasodilator) 30 mg
- Apixaban 2x 5 mg

And for allergies:
-Levocitrizine (Xyzal)/Flixonase/Seritide/Salmeterol/Nitoglycerin spray. And some anti-histamine pill. I think I've got it all.

Allergies/inflammations:

In the course of years she has developed all kind of allergies and inflammations getting worse and more:
-hernia's
-eczema (Large groing itchy, flaky, red spot above ankle and upwards for years/since child -now nearly gone after treating with strong cortisone cream, but appearing now on arm)
-easily bruising
-dust mite allergy
-hair loss
-ashtma
-chronic nasal inflammation
-tiinitus
-chronic dyspnea
-anosmia (no taste and smell)
-nasal polyps
-itchy handpalms/feet with red spots, itchy ears
-dizzyness
-palpitations
-hyperventilation/tightness of the chest
-panic attacks
-allergic for NSAID's and acetylsalcylic acid (aspirin) and an intolerance for paracetemol.
-intolerance for nitrates

She has been fighting these conditions for some years, searching and experimenting with diet and natural supplements, herbs etc. Following low carb, high fat, paleo-ish, Weston Price-ish, no night-shades (immediately allergic reactions), glutenfree e.a. En this year we discovered that she has also developed histamine intolerance. So we changed/eliminated all this to a very strict anti-histamine diet. And for the last 3 months she was getting much better and the last month even great: her energy was really improving, feeling bright, alive and clear again, power/innovative, balance, relaxation, more breath! , swimming and sporting, working with joy, and she could even taste and smell a bit again. And now this :(

I've given her:
- Sodium Ascorbate powder (brand: Nutri Biotic) - she's now on 3x 2 grams daily and building that up. 1 hour before meals and 2 hours after. What would be good, how much? Should I add lipospheric C from LiveON? By the way: She did try high dose VC some years ago - 15 grams, but it did nothing, so she stopped in a few weeks.
- CoQ10 2x 100 mg -which brand is best and what dose?
- Nigella Seed oil - 3x 2 capsules
- Curcumin -Life Extension Super Bio Curcumin 400 mg (1 capsule)

I will order:
-CLO (Rosita/Dropi - pure, but not fermented), magnesium, vit d3/k2, proline, lysine, vit e….
-what dose(s) and what brand(s)? And... what else? :?
-Is it true/safe that k2 won't interfere with the meds she's taking?
-And...: Is it possible to remove stents?

I really would appriciate some specific feedback, advise and direction from Johnwen, Owen and others.
Many, many thanks in advance!
Esther

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Female friend, 46, Heartattack, 2 stents, Prinzmetal Angina? Histamin intolerance, Allergies

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:06 pm

First the thing that caught my eye was the Isosorbide Mononitrate and the Amlodipine Besylate and your friend has a diagnosis of vasospasms.

First Isosorbide is a sustain release Nitro glycerin It was originally made by Astra Zeneca under the Name Brand “Imdur” Since it’s patent expired a lot of generic company’s now manufacture this drug. Some using their own method of doing things and don’t work like their suppose to!
Now I don’t know what goes on in your country but it would be worth your time to have her ask her Pharma if the name brand is available to her. Because a lot of times they work a whole lot better then Generics!

Amlodipine Besylate was originally manufactured by Pfizer under the name “Norvasc” and was originally designed to treat vasospasms with Blood pressure control as a side effect. However it was very effective for BP control so when it went off patent everybody jumped on the band wagon and marketed it as a BP MED since Pfizer method of production was a lot different then the generics. It then lost it’s vasospasms control but maintained it’s BP control. So here again she needs to see if she can get name brand meds.
Note here; In Great Britton it’s marketed by Pfizer as “ISTIN” I don’t know if that spreads to your country! But Norvasc or Istin instead of the generics.

I could go into A and B1 adrenergic receptors and her allergic reactions but first Let’s see if she can get some drugs that work
BTW, K2 & D3 don’t interact with anything she’s taking! Nor Does V-C!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Female friend, 46, Heartattack, 2 stents, Prinzmetal Angina? Histamin intolerance, Allergies

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Had a little time to sit down and find some links that will save me a ton of writing.

She’s taking Eliquis (Apixaban) and Plavix (clopidogrel bisulfate)
It’s my hope she’s being carefully monitored by her doc.

Because this combination and aspirin which is Better Know as the “TRIPLE THREAT THERAPY!” Has some serious problems associated with it!

Heres some links!!

https://www.eliquis.com/eliquis/servlet ... 00GM6ILEA1

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/119/22/2877.long

Also there is No reversal of Eliquis at this time but it’s in the governments hands right now for approval.
So tell her to be careful and no surgery or accidents!!!

Stents right now are there for the keeping. They cannot be removed!
However their working on stents that will dissolve over about 2 years and have been approved for human trials!

Hope this all helps in some way???
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Ephra

Post Number:#4  Post by Ephra » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:22 am

Thanks Johnwen for your reply!
Johnwen wrote:First Isosorbide is a sustain release Nitro glycerin It was originally made by Astra Zeneca under the Name Brand “Imdur” Since it’s patent expired a lot of generic company’s now manufacture this drug. Some using their own method of doing things and don’t work like their suppose to! Now I don’t know what goes on in your country but it would be worth your time to have her ask her Pharma if the name brand is available to her. Because a lot of times they work a whole lot better then Generics!

She's got Promocard - made by Astra Zeneca. So it's the name brand.
My concern is that she's intolerant to nitrates! That promocard is making her sick. How long does she has to take this?

Johnwen wrote:Amlodipine Besylate was originally manufactured by Pfizer under the name “Norvasc” and was originally designed to treat vasospasms with Blood pressure control as a side effect. However it was very effective for BP control so when it went off patent everybody jumped on the band wagon and marketed it as a BP MED since Pfizer method of production was a lot different then the generics. It then lost it’s vasospasms control but maintained it’s BP control. So here again she needs to see if she can get name brand meds.

Don't know about this one yet if it's generic or name brand - I will look at it today.

Johnwen wrote:I could go into A and B1 adrenergic receptors and her allergic reactions but first Let’s see if she can get some drugs that work
BTW, K2 & D3 don’t interact with anything she’s taking! Nor Does V-C!

Can you point me to some evidence that K2 won't interfere with Eliquis/Apixaban, cause I need that to show the doc - he won't approve supplementing k2.
Thanks Johnwen!

Ephra

Post Number:#5  Post by Ephra » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:34 am

Johnwen wrote:She’s taking Eliquis (Apixaban) and Plavix (clopidogrel bisulfate)
It’s my hope she’s being carefully monitored by her doc.

Because this combination and aspirin which is Better Know as the “TRIPLE THREAT THERAPY!” Has some serious problems associated with it!

Heres some links!!

https://www.eliquis.com/eliquis/servlet ... 00GM6ILEA1

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/119/22/2877.long

She's not taking aspirin! - she's severe allergic to acetylsalcylic acid and to NSDIA's...
They put her on Apixaban, cuase she could't take Ascal -enormous heart-racing.

Johnwen wrote:Stents right now are there for the keeping. They cannot be removed!
However their working on stents that will dissolve over about 2 years and have been approved for human trials!

And they weren't even necessary to begin with! Can the stents she's having now be replaced with the ones that will dissolve?
And what meds from the above can she skip and treat alternatively ?

thanks again Johnwel!

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by tjohnson_nb » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:12 am

"She did try high dose VC some years ago - 15 grams, but it did nothing, so she stopped in a few weeks."
Sounds like she needed much more Vit C then. It is well known that you need to take to bowel tolerance in order to realize the benefits.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

Ephra

Post Number:#7  Post by Ephra » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:53 am

tjohnson_nb wrote:"She did try high dose VC some years ago - 15 grams, but it did nothing, so she stopped in a few weeks."
Sounds like she needed much more Vit C then. It is well known that you need to take to bowel tolerance in order to realize the benefits.

yes, so true. But neither she or I at that time knew anything about VC , let alone a BT protocol... :)

I think she needs a whooooole lot more, considering all her developed allergies and inmlammations over the last years.

She's now doing 3 x 2 gr. and building that up. I really would like some direction and specific advice:

-does she need proline and lysine and how much/what dose?
-other things that I forgot in my OP-post?

Thanks in advance,
Esther

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by tjohnson_nb » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:56 am

Yes, continue raising the dose until she gets gas or loose bowels.Maybe do 4 divided doses instead of 3, many people take it continuously throughout the day, like me. :)

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by hvc » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:41 am

At what point is gas considered reaching bowel tolerance? I am aware that you cannot give me a real quantifier but, I assume with some gas is okay to continue upping dosage.

Ephra

Post Number:#10  Post by Ephra » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:44 am

Thanks, tjohnson,
She's now on 3 x 4 to 6 grams VC. (18 grams yesterday, but a little stomach-irritation (not gas) and went to 12 today).
I will also get the LiVon lyposomal C.

-Does she with (not been diagnosed, bit it appears to be Prinzmetal angina), need the lysine and proline and what dose should that be?
-Magnesium - how much?
-What else?
-she's not good with the promocard/isosorbide moinitrate, cause she's intolerant to nitrates, is there some alternative?
-Can all those allergies (see OP) and histamine intolerance cause a hearrt attack?

..Any specific advice would be very nice, thank you.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by tjohnson_nb » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Vit C is a very good antihistamine so if taking high dose C you should not need another antihistamine. Following the Pauling Protocol would definitely be advisable IMO. That means you would add up to 6 g of lysine and 2 g of proline to the Vit C. Probably start lower, like 3g lysine and 1g proline. I often take 1/2 tsp magnesium carbonate and 1 tsp ascorbic acid in warm water and it reacts to make magnesium ascorbate, around 400 mg elemental Mg. A couple of those a day would be great.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by tjohnson_nb » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:36 pm

hvc wrote:At what point is gas considered reaching bowel tolerance? I am aware that you cannot give me a real quantifier but, I assume with some gas is okay to continue upping dosage.

You can continue after gas but the next stop is the toilet :) Lots of people do it for the flushing of the bowels effect.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Vit C in low doses little and often if she has allergies as too much ie 4 grams can cause a release of histamine which she does not want. Therefore taking it throughout the day would be a good idea IMO. That might help prevent problems with her bowels too.

I would 2nd tjohnson_nb's recommendation of Magnesium carbonate reacted with ascorbic acid. It's cheap and can work very well when reacted with ascorbic acid, Lysine, proline and maybe small amounts of TriMethylGlycine.

BTW Magnesium Carbonate is 28.8% elemental Magnesium if you need to work out how much to take.

BTW She has a stomach infection which is what is causing her allergies and eczema, asthma and many of her problems. There is currently no research to support this as no one else has yet found it and I do not expect them to for many years.

Ephra

Post Number:#14  Post by Ephra » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:59 am

tjohnson_nb wrote:Vit C is a very good antihistamine so if taking high dose C you should not need another antihistamine. Following the Pauling Protocol would definitely be advisable IMO. That means you would add up to 6 g of lysine and 2 g of proline to the Vit C. Probably start lower, like 3g lysine and 1g proline. I often take 1/2 tsp magnesium carbonate and 1 tsp ascorbic acid in warm water and it reacts to make magnesium ascorbate, around 400 mg elemental Mg. A couple of those a day would be great.

Thanks tjohnson-nb,
We're aware that VC helps with the histamine (though Thomas Levy clearly states VC is not a antihistamine). Still recovering from a heart-attack and anafylactic shock, for now she will stay on the antihistamine pill. It's the least harmfull drug she's having.
She's now taking 12 grams VC per day: Sodium Ascorbate -that's better when you're having severe allergies, as I read in this forum.

-So, do I understand correctly that with 12 g VC is 3 g lysine and 1 g proline right? -I'm looking for a clear ratio protocol
-which Magnesium is good to go with sodium ascorbate? And as I understand a ratio as 400 mg is right?

thank you

Ephra

Post Number:#15  Post by Ephra » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:14 am

BrightSideOfLife wrote:Vit C in low doses little and often if she has allergies as too much ie 4 grams can cause a release of histamine which she does not want. Therefore taking it throughout the day would be a good idea IMO. That might help prevent problems with her bowels too.

As I learned here (Johnwen and others), VC should be taken 3 to 4 times and 1 hour before meals and 2 hours after for best absorption. So, "low many little doses" confuses me! "as too much ie 4 g VC can release histamine". Is that right? Can you point me to some clear evidence for that? That would be helpfull, thanks. And what about VC works as an antihistamine? Very conflicting information... :?

BrightSideOfLife wrote:I would 2nd tjohnson_nb's recommendation of Magnesium carbonate reacted with ascorbic acid. It's cheap and can work very well when reacted with ascorbic acid, Lysine, proline and maybe small amounts of TriMethylGlycine.

"..and maybe small amounts of TriMethylGlycine". Because/why...? What is TrMethylGlicine and what does it do? Thanks in advance.

BrightSideOfLife wrote:BTW She has a stomach infection which is what is causing her allergies and eczema, asthma and many of her problems. There is currently no research to support this as no one else has yet found it and I do not expect them to for many years.

"She has a stomach infection..." . And you base that on what? Are you a medical expert? It's not very helpfull to make superficial "BTW"- statements as facts... :(

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”