Doctors advising "stop all supplements" before procedure

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Doctors advising "stop all supplements" before procedure

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:50 am

Good afternoon, Owen. My husband is having a heart cath Friday. He started taking Cardio-C two weeks ago; we believe that he has already experienced good things from it. He is supposed to stop all supplements before the cath. From what I have read on the forum, it sounds to me like he should take the Cardio-C- that there is nothing that will interfere with the procedure but, on the contrary, would only be helpful. Do you agree with that? He also takes 300 mg of ubiquinol to try to offset damage from the statin, so I really don’t want him to quit that, and he agrees. We are only talking two days, so maybe it is best to follow their guidelines, but I would like to hear what you think.

They did an EKG yesterday. The doctor said that he has not had a heart attack and that there is no indication of an impending one. His blood work is good. His blood pressure was 118/72 in the doctor’s office. They are thinking it might actually be too low. The doctor is optimistic that there are no blockages, but we need to be sure, because he is experiencing quite a bit of angina. It could very well be stress-related; he already “feels” better from the good news yesterday. After the cath, the doc said we will reevaluate drugs- that will be a good thing, and I hope my husband pushes to get off the statin. I think we are on the right track.

Any thoughts?

Thank you. Kathy
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Doctors advising "stop all supplements" before procedure

Post Number:#2  Post by nineboy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:39 pm

I remember asking this question myself. Also I've never had a heart attack, its always been angina. I also am no expert but have been in hospital without my Vitamin C etc.and survived. When I had my pacemaker inserted I was without Vit. C but took it when getting myself back home. Myself I do what I'm told most times in hospital, you have to anyway. I've always been treated very well as a heart patient. I was on a statin for many years and thought nothing about it. Now even though they want me on one, I won't, they give me too much muscle pain. Hope all goes well I have been there many times. So take care. nineboy.

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by lolex » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:45 am

I had the same advice for the angiogram and a double by pass.

I stopped most of my supplements a week before, but kept taking Vitamin C up to the day before on each occasion. I also smuggled some Vit C tabs into the hospital and took them the days immediately following the By Pass. (I don't take Cardio C product)

No issues for me and I recovered well.

The Doctors are worried about Vitamins because they don't know what interactions they may have with anesthetics and other drugs they may give you. They are positively scared of internal 'bleeds'. Vit E is a blood thinner of some low/intermediate effect.

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by nineboy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:16 am

Just wondered was there any follow up from Kathy on this issue. Maybe I'm missing something. Just wondered. nineboy.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”