New to PT, Asking for recommendations about bowel toleration dosing.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

New to PT, Asking for recommendations about bowel toleration dosing.

Post Number:#1  Post by skwoodwiva » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:40 pm

I am 60. Had an attack with 2 plain stents and was on an impella for 4 days or so.
Late last year I took 1 dose of Qunol CoQ10 with polysorbate 80 and was interrupted in my daily stair climbing with a mild heart attack. And surprised that the angiogram showed the need of a cabag. But I have many mixed emotions and not going the woulda coulda path.

While my diy lipsomal supplies are coming in and not sure if can even afford the time and cost as well as the caution that some have done as well on it.
So I am on this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4 ... merReviews
Cassava based with other garbage as it is well tolerated and cheap. In BT dosage I am up to 4 g every 2 hr for most of the day. So about 34 to 40 g per day with some gas but nothing I cannot call normal. This is my most recent maximum. Albeit with lemon and or pomegranate each dose. As well as 6 g lysine and 2 g proline in 3 divided, a day.

So I should keep increasing the dose till I get loose stools?

Is a ketogenic diet compatible with PT?

Also I just learned my A1c is 5.7 just boarder line.

I am so thankful for help.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: New to PT, Asking for recommendations about bowel toleration dosing.

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:13 am

Sorry I missed this. You seem to be doing the correct Pauling Therapy protocol, so how is it going so far? Source Naturals is an excellent company with a good reputation, so I would expect their vitamin C to be excellent.

When was the heart attack?

You seem to imply that one dose of a CoQ10 led to a heart attack, is that what you meant to imply?

That is a very high vitamin C dosage, so it is probable that something else, in addition to heart disease, is going on. (See Cathcart's Titrating to Bowel Tolerance paper: http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm )

And yes a low-carb ketogenic diet would be highly compatible with the Pauling-therapy, for many reasons.

In most people, following Linus Pauling's basic advice in his book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER (1986) along with vitamin C, lysine and proline, would be sufficient. However, in your case, given the high vitamin C tolerance, I would consider adopting the ENTIRE protocol (You can download it here: http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/

In particular a good vitamin E - at least 400 mg daily (Unique-E from A C Grace is clearly the best)

At your age, and with the drugs they probably put you on, a good COQ10 is important, at least 200 mg daily (Remember it is not how much you take. Sinatra discovered in his patients that CoQ10 must be taken with fats (as bile is required for absorption in the gut) so take your CoQ10 with meals.

Magnesium is an ulta-important mineral for heart patients. A good absorbable magnesium will not cause the diarrhea that other forms can cause.

The rest of the recommendations, including vitamin K, can be downloaded in the Chapter 7 excerpt.

Keep us informed.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”