Just read Dr. Levy's book " Stop Americas # 1 killer"

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Just read Dr. Levy's book " Stop Americas # 1 killer"

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:14 am

Basically same as Rath, its a vitamin C deficiency. The one difference and this is HUGE ..Basically if you have the typical type fillings, root canals or dental implants.... You need everything to removed if you want to reverse your CVD. This is due to toxins and infections in the gums and jaw bones that you can't feel. So basically you have to get your teeth ripped out, I mean I have a filling in almost every molar I have 1 dental Implant and i think 2 root canals . I would have to wear dentures ..He does mention that Dr. had a patient that had reversal without doing the teeth treatment. He also states if you don't do the teeth recommendations and still follow the rest you can slow down your heart disease but probably won't have reversal.Looks like I'm screwed every which way...... think my best hope of living to 80 is to follow both types of plans for reversal. Go plant based and do the Pauling therapy

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Just read Dr. Levy's book " Stop Americas # 1 killer"

Post Number:#2  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:40 pm

My Lpa last August was 59.I'm having a blood test in a week or so.Been on vitamin c protocol for 6 weeks but my disease has been progressing. Going to try and go back to plant based as well although I find it difficult. Who do you follow Esselstyn, McDougall or Orinish?
Ken

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:35 am

I mean this Dr. basically says get all our teeth ripped out if you want to cure heart disease , I guess today they probably don't use the same filling stuff when i was a kid..I'm 57

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:52 pm

How muck K2, I purchased from life extension. ...says take 1 a,day not sure what the dose should be .and no I'm not doing anything to my teeth, that's insane

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Jacquie » Sun May 07, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm pretty sure the Levy protocol doesn't require you to remove teeth that only have fillings; it just wants mercury fillings replaced with something else (composite resin or gold). It does require you to remove root canals, though.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:40 pm

And remove dental implants, I have fillings in every molar, it ain't happening

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by Jacquie » Sun May 07, 2017 5:58 pm

You won't lose the molars that only have fillings, so you won't need dentures. I can see how the cost of doing it all would be a big hurdle though. You could try just getting one or two fillings replaced every so often, as you have the money to do it. Every replaced filling makes it more likely your arteries will get better.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:11 pm

But he wants root canals removed and implants, I have 2 root canals and 1 implant. Dr Rath doesn't mention anything about this.

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by Jacquie » Sun May 07, 2017 6:18 pm

That's true, he does want root canals removed, and his reasons for it seem to be based on fairly good evidence. In some of his later lectures I think he said implants may be able to stay, as long as they aren't infected and were installed properly.

I know it's a hard decision. I have a friend who has 4 root canals, and is finding it a very hard choice. Lose the teeth permanently, or risk having a constant stream of toxin exposure?

You might try getting your cholesterol numbers measured, then having only one of the root canal teeth removed, and then monitor your cholesterol for a year or two, and see if you find any differences.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 21, 2017 5:27 am

Last post is brilliant. Dr. Levy wrote an earlier book, Optimal Nutrition where he cites the scientific evidence that he uncovered showing that cholesterol rises in the face of toxic loads. He had noticed in his patients that when Hal Huggins DDS had removed his patients mercury and other toxicity, their cholesterol invariably and predictably dropped. Levy's scientific curiosity aroused, he began studying ways to decrease toxicity, leading him to Vitamin C.

This revelation (cholesterol rises to fight toxicity) combined with Ginter's research cited by Pauling in HTLLAFB means that your total cholesterol level is a strong indicator of the level of toxicity in your mouth. If your total cholesterol is 180 mg/dl (or less) that is an argument that a) you are not too toxic, or b) you are taking enough vitamin C to counter the toxicity.

Of course there are other strong reasons not to want the most toxic substance known (that is not radioactive) near your brain.

Finally some of this may be from Dr. Levy's coauthored book with Hal Huggins Uniformed Consent.

p.s. In my lay opinion, you can use your total cholesterol to gauge toxicity and thus the urgency of your need to remove the mercury and root canal toxicity close to your brain, BUT ONLY IF you are not taking drugs that artificially lower cholesterol, e.g. statins. Like most drugs, cholesterol-lowering drugs cure "symptoms." But that symptom (elevated cholesterol) helps your body deal with toxicity.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by Johnwen » Sun May 21, 2017 10:45 am

I think Dr. Levy in his summarization of cause and effect has missed one important roll that mercury and toxins produced in the mouth cause.
That being these toxins directly affect the thyroid gland which in turn has a direct effect on cholesterol metabolism. The suppression of thyroid function (increased TSH numbers) by heavy metals has been well documented.
These decreased production of thyroid hormones cause the liver to in turn release more cholesterol.

This is presented in the following links;

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12346/1 ... yroid.html

This is presented in # 10 about mercury.

http://www.cpmedical.net/newsletter/is- ... rlipidemia

https://www.thyroid.org/patient-thyroid ... ue-12/p-3/

So yes! Having a scrap yard full of metal in your mouth can cause your cholesterol numbers to rise, but more importantly it’s also doing a great amount harm to a important gland that has many functions in controlling how your body works.
A rise in cholesterol above 220 is a sign something is going on! A simple TSH test can confirm this. Anything over 1.5 should throw up red flags and looking in your mouth and seeing more metal then enamel would be the place to start. Implants for single teeth are available but make sure the pegs they use are non toxic. There usually more expensive but worth the extra for what they do for your health.

Never stop taking your V-C you need this to help you defend your body from everything that is attacking it everyday!! :!:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by pamojja » Sun May 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Johnwen wrote:A rise in cholesterol above 220 is a sign something is going on! A simple TSH test can confirm this. Anything over 1.5 should throw up red flags and looking in your mouth and seeing more metal then enamel would be the place to start.

Interesting suggestion. My initial TC 8 years ago was 264, but immediately dropped, in average still only been 199. Also I find it interesting that observed lowest all-cause mortality with TC is a U-shaped curve, with the best outcome between 180-250.

TSH took 3 years to drop from a median of 2.7 down to an avg. of 1.5 for the remaining years. The problem I see with TSH, as a pituary hormone it might fail to tell that much about thyroid. For example my, fT3 has in average has only been 2.4 (2.5-4.2 normal, 3.5-4.2 optimal range) and the highest at my first test 8 years ago at 3.4. Low free T3 is off course also a marker for high inflammation. However, compared to TSH in my case there is clearly a contradiction.

The problem for me is, I did have my first root-canal a year before all my PAD trouble started. But with meanwhile such borderline values, am not sure a removal of an otherwise non-disturbing root-canal could bring much. All the mercury fillings have been gone in my case since many decades. Because all my teeth with them have crumbled to naught. Guess due to the tetracycline injected as new-born against pneumonia, which isn't given anymore up to 2 years of age due to that issue.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Any who Dr.Rath who did clinical trials on humans never talked about dental issues. In addition I dropped my cholesterol from 165 to 133 but by eating a whole foods diet

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by pamojja » Sun May 21, 2017 2:07 pm

I never believe anything because of alleged authority. Didn't Linus Pauling advised the same? By the way, did you know cholesterol can easily fluctuate from day to day 30 percent.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#15  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:48 am

Linus Pauling advised removing fillings, root canal and implants?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”