Question for forum

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Question for forum

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:18 am

So I used to watch a lot Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn who showed/proved reversal of CVD with a vegan diet. In fact with just weeks he showed pictures of before and after blood flow improving dramatically in just weeks. Like I stated he had I think 24 patients with advanced CVD and they had roughly 42 cardiac events combined. After changing to a vegan diet, they had zero cardiac events over the next 5 years. People should watch this video just to see the other side.I think I need to do both approaches. I've been doing Vitamin C now for 10 weeks.I'm just wondering if we are protected from having a heart attack when taking High Dose Vitamin C like Esslestyn claims we are heart attack proof if we eat this way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYTf0z_zVs0&t=621s

Check for your own knowledge

Ken

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Question for forum

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 am

There have been various groups, even Life Extension, that have advocated various approaches to the great problem of heart disease.

Over the years, we have often offered to put money where our mouths are. Set up an investigational study of equal groups, half on the Pauling-therapy, and half on the protocol of the other group. Winner takes all.

The requirement we insist on is that the other group limit their vitamin C to the RDA. (This is usually a deal breaker).

Corollary, I can make any treatment look good, even statins, so long as I can supplement that treatment with a lot of vitamin C :D
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by Frodo » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:28 am

Read the books from Nina Teicholz "The Big Fat Surprise" and Denise Minger "Death by Food Pyramid". Teicholz and Minger will give you all the informations about these doubtful "studies". And it isn't Esselstyn alone. His friend (according to Esselstyn) Dean Ornish was the first man, who had proved allegedly that heart disease may be stopped or even reversed by his program of comprehensive lifestyle changes, particularly a vegetarian or vegan diet.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:25 am

Well if you look and see the areas of the world where heart dise5and cancer is almost unknown you will see they are plant eaters for the most part. But there might be a corrolation between eating mostly plants and vitamin C. Since almost all vegetables and fruits have vitamin C in them and we don't get any vitamin c from eating animals. ...I think the two theories are related.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:29 am

In addition dint judge without actually looking at the studies reported the medical journals like the Lancet. Check out Dean Ornishs studies before you say they are BS check the scans of arteries before and after.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:37 am

Why is heart disease almost unheard of in the blue zones of the world where people live on plant based diets? When I told my cardiologist I was doing high dose vitamin C therapy he brought up the places on the planet where heart disease basically doesn't exist and how they are plant based cultures. Or the fact the woman from Japan in their country had virtually no breast cancer, but when they come to USA and have kids the rate goes right up to where American women are. There must be a relationship between eating plants and better health. If you read Dr. Rath'a book he says several times eat a diet rich in vegetables, fruits, grains......he never mentions eating aninals. And if course if he is right that CVD is caused by low vitamin C it would make sense that eating lots of fruits and vegetables is good for your arteries?

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:41 am

So basically 1 in 3 people in the world don't get enough vitamin C? Like I said a lot of what Dr. Rath makes sense. I would like to see a human study to see if reversal is possible for advanced CVD I'm going to keep taking my 18 grams a day of vitamin C for at least a year. The only way to prove it works is if my Angina goes away

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by Frodo » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Of course, you are right. It's not the fat. It's vitamin c - and other vitamins and nutrients. And it really works. But Esselstyn and Ornish said it's the fat and you have to decrease the fat intake. And therefore they were mistaken. And meat without C? No, that's wrong. Stefansson and his friend showed it in the 20th. You can read it in Stefanssons book "Not by bread alone". And also the inuits. They didn't eat fruits and vegetables. They had no fruits and vegetables. Though meat must contain C.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:30 pm

I was reading this post and a some question’s came to mind.

Do any of you know the sequence of events in atherosclerosis?

What signals the start of it?

What is the purpose in the body of plaque build up?

What cells are involved in the initiation of atherosclerosis?

Some of you are talking about the different aspects of diet and heart disease. Question is what element of these diets is it that is suppose to be doing the beneficial results? Then how does it do this??
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:01 am

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why are you trying to convince idiots at other forums?

And you can always point them to my book :D Soon to be released as VITAMIN C CURES: Heart Disease, because it contains the very first animal experiments back in the 1950s.. he he
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#11  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Owen, is one of those where they induced heart disease in guinea pigs and then cured them with VC?

Anybody have a link to this one?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:25 am

The "book" has been an Amazon best seller (in its category) since its publication in 2003, and is entitled PRACTICING MEDICINE WITHOUT A LICENSE? and is about to be released on Amazon Kindle.

It is also being republished as VITAMIN C CURES: Heart Disease, as an eBook, which will be available for download soon at VitaminCCures.com. We are making arrangements to translate Volume 1 into as many languagues as possible. A SUBSTANTIAL portion of the Vitamin C Cures proceeds will go the Vitamin C Foundation. As a public company, these will be visible to all.

If you haven't been following this topic http://vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13161 - we are posting Volume 2 (of the Pauling-therapy handbook) Chapter by Chapter for FREE on vitaminCcures.com. Volume 2 will be available for download as an eBook in the very near future.

skwoodwiva wrote:Owen, is one of those where they induced heart disease in guinea pigs and then cured them with VC?

Anybody have a link to this one?

Chapter 2 – The Secret Being Kept From Every American https://vitaminccures.com/blog/index.php/2017/05/25/the-secret-being-kept-from-every-american/ is a review of the heart disease material in Volume I - including the links to the Willis papers.

These papers are now temporarily at https://vitaminc.foundation/pdfs/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by pamojja » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:28 am

Johnwen wrote:I was reading this post and a some question’s came to mind.

Do any of you know the sequence of events in atherosclerosis?

Simplified, first always an injury to the arterial wall occurs. Could be wear and tear of old age (with declining levels of protective hormones), chemical insult (also high blood glucose) or bacterial, viral and any other infection.

What signals the start of it?

Injury.

What is the purpose in the body of plaque build up?

To repair the pipes.

What cells are involved in the initiation of atherosclerosis?

Lipids, beside many others.

Some of you are talking about the different aspects of diet and heart disease. Question is what element of these diets is it that is suppose to be doing the beneficial results? Then how does it do this??

Essential nutrients, which the body expects to get delivered with lipids, ie. vitamin K2, D3, A. But nowadays doesn't receive as it traditionally used to expect. My body helps himself with supplementation.

Correct me where, if I went wrong.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”