Im.betting my Life on LP/RATH theory

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Im.betting my Life on LP/RATH theory

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Reading Raths book again and they really never did any long term studies on patients with advanced disease like me. It was mostly early stages CVD. In fact he mentions that they will continue to study people with advanced disease but haven't seen anything about it on his site.
My LAD calcium score which was done May 31st 2017 showed 747 score in Lad. So basically 70% of my total plaque in in LAD. Figures I have to have the majority of my plaque in the most important artery. Ugh. 8m betting my life that this therapy works although as I've stated before I believe the plant bases method works just as well. I've seen arteries increase in diameter on plant based. But it's very difficult lifestyle.
Ken

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Im.betting my Life on LP/RATH theory

Post Number:#2  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Would you list all the supplements you take, in what doses and at what times of the day. Some of the Rath guidelines I have seen appear to be very low.

As far as diet, are you sticking with a plant based diet?

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 pm

No I'm not doing plant based right now. I eat a lot of chicken turkey and sides are usually steamed vegetables.
I'll last supplements later...have bad headache tonight.
It's amazing I passed stress test last year with so much plaque. ... crazy

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Okay, I think before people here can help they need to see everything you are taking.

Passing the stress test is positive and even if you have stopped the progrssion that is a win.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Well according to Dr. Rath it takes 6 months to stop plaque growth, especially if you have advanced like me. So I'm thinking it could be a 2 year process for me. I've been doing protocol for 4 and a half months.
I appreciate the help
Ken

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:32 am

My LAD calcium score which was done May 31st 2017 showed 747 score in Lad. So basically 70% of my total plaque in in LAD.

Accepting that you have very serious disease, and are doing generally the correct things, I'm not sure I follow the above statement. Calcium is substantially different than ordinary atherosclerotic plaques that usually narrow arteries. From our 20-year experience, ordinary white plaques on the inside of the arteries can be reduced with vitamin C and lysine. A retinal photograph can be used to monitor progress, and these can be quite cheap with an eye exam at places like Sam's club.

Calcification's seem to not narrow arteries, but make them stiff, as if they appear on the outside of the artery (if you think of the artery as a pipe). This is a simplification, and you can of course have both - atheroclerosis and calcium. But we think we know that the primary factor in making the artery less stiff, e.g. have less calcium, is vitamin K. And we know that many drugs, such as the rat-poison like blood "thinners" commonly given to heart patients, work by blocking vitamin K, and thus lead to rapid calcification of soft tissues, e.g. arteries.

So you are taking your life into your hands by relying on conventional medicine.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 am

I'm not using conventional medicine. I had a calcium scan. My score was 1043
LM -59
RCA-46
LAD-747
CX-191

I'm worried of course with reading.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:50 am

I bought vitamin K 2 from life extension and increases to 2 gel capsules a day

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 am

Guitarplayer007
I see the word Calcium in a lot of your posts but I haven’t found any blood levels.
Could you share this.
It’s usually on the CMP part of the report!
Also if your doc ordered a, “calcium, ionized” test please included that.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Im.having blood work in September but my LPa was very elevated last August.
What's CMP. I'm hoping that the LP protocol will show up in blood work in September. It's amazing im.as active as I am. I can walk 6 to 7 miles while playing g golf pushing my clubs.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Actually I did have blood work I think in May. I started the LP Protocol March 25 2017. My numbers were elevated when I had blood work in June I think. Rath says that your number may go up first due to lipids and LPA being released into blood I'm hoping that what it is.

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by maryclaire » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Guitar Player: Hope you're feeling better today. Here's web description of CMP.

The comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) is used as a broad screening tool to evaluate organ function and check for conditions such as diabetes, liver disease, and kidney disease. The CMP may also be ordered to monitor known conditions, such as hypertension, and to monitor people taking specific medications for any kidney- or liver-related side effects. If a health practitioner is interested in following two or more individual CMP components, he or she may order the entire CMP because it offers more information.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:28 pm

My GFR was a little below normal, when I went vegan I was in the normal range for my age. Now that I went back to eating animals it's probably down again. I'm having blood work in early September

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”