Sugar yes it is bad. Does that mean figs, dates, agave & the like are to be avoided too?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Sugar yes it is bad. Does that mean figs, dates, agave & the like are to be avoided too?

Post Number:#1  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 pm

That is away from VC dosing.
I have wondered if honey and other natural sweets are bad. I have kept away from them.
All thoughts will be appreciated.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Sugar yes it is bad. Does that mean figs, dates, agave & the like are to be avoided too?

Post Number:#2  Post by confused1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 am

Pauling rule #7 says you should eat some fruit. I can't give you a citation but I've read that non-fruit consumers have higher rates of stomach and colon cancer. Pauling also says in rule #6 to keep your sugar intake, including honey, to 50 lbs. per year. Doing the math, this comes to a little over 2 ounces a day. All things in moderation sounds good to me.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Sugar yes it is bad. Does that mean figs, dates, agave & the like are to be avoided too?

Post Number:#3  Post by exitium » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:19 am

zarfas wrote:a guy at 200lbs, 10% body fat and a guy at 200lbs 40% bodyfat, do not have the same effects from sugar.
10% can eat more

what matters is weight/body comp

Id love to hear the logic behind that statement.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by exitium » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 pm

zarfas wrote:
exitium wrote:
zarfas wrote:a guy at 200lbs, 10% body fat and a guy at 200lbs 40% bodyfat, do not have the same effects from sugar.
10% can eat more

what matters is weight/body comp

Id love to hear the logic behind that statement.

leptin kinetics

https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-l ... art-1.html

its why a guy who is lean(10% bodyfat or lower) can overeat 1-2x a week and not get fat while a fat guy(bodyfat 20%+
will just get fat

So now your saying that hormones affect your bodyfat levels? Last week werent you telling me that was irrelevant and it was nothing more than cutting cals that mattered?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”