Best Diet for Preventing Heart Disease

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Best Diet for Preventing Heart Disease

Post Number:#1  Post by DiverDown2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:02 am

With heart disease what kind of diet do you recommend?
EX: Low Carb High Good Fat or what is best for heart?

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Best Diet for Preventing Heart Disease

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:58 am

Watch the Netflix video Forks Over Knives ..I try to eat as close to that as possible

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:08 am

Good question, no easy answer because we are all different. However, in general, the High Fat/Low Carb - adequate protein diet is wise. You can learn about this from reading the late Dr. Atkin's books (he was a cardiologist). A very low carb diet can have excellent results improving your blood panels. Dr. Stephen Grundry, another more orthodox cardiologist wrote a book entitled DIET EVOLUTION. Grundy claims patients adopting his diet no longer need his services as a heart doctor. He has no knowledge of vitamin C, but recommends a modified Atkins. (Grundy allows more carbs after the initial very low carb program).

On the other side of the coin we have Pritikin (Low Fat/High Carb) and Dean Ornish claim that their Low-Fat diets reduce heart disease.

We often repeat the story of William Kelly, a promoter of pancreatic enzymes for cancers, who could see his own tumors and created a diet that caused them to shrink. However, the same diet on his 3rd wife caused her to become deathly ill. In desperation, he turned to an all fat/high protein diet, and she thrived. He invented (or borrowed) the concept of "metabolic type" to try and predict what kind of diet is best for a particular cancer patient. I think it boils down to your ancestry. If your ancestors lived in the Northern latitudes, where fruit and vegetables were scarce, and meat was a staple, your digestive system is slow and you can easily digest meats. The closer your ancestors where to the equator, the more carbs they ate, and the faster their digestion. Most of us are probably mixed by now.

Added... Given the Pauling/Rath Unified Theory, that a lack of vitamin C is the root cause of CVD, then any diet that interferes with Vitamin C is problematic. According to John Ely, and others, high blood sugar, caused by a high carb diet, can interfere with the cellular uptake of "vitamin" C (ascorbate).

Also, doctor and author Jason Fung has done a wonderful job researching whether High Fat diets are dangerous or cause heart disease. He like may others before him who analyzed the studies and data, have found NO evidence that a high fat diet contributes or causes heart disease. He points out that this is especially true if you remove the variable of "trans fats" from the equation. Ordinary natural, even saturated fats, have never been scientifically linked to heart disease.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:53 am

ofonorow wrote:He invented (or borrowed) the concept of "metabolic type" to try and predict what kind of diet is best for a particular cancer patient. I think it boils down to your ancestry. If your ancestors lived in the Northern latitudes, where fruit and vegetables were scarce, and meat was a staple, your digestive system is slow and you can easily digest meats. The closer your ancestors where to the equator, the more carbs they ate, and the faster their digestion. Most of us are probably mixed by now.

Took the following notes from an interview of Dr. Nickolas Gonzales, who followed Kelly's approach:

Dominant sympathetic types: Typ ‘A’ personalities, disciplined; mostly solid cancers; do good on much plant based foods: fruits, vegies, seeds, grains, nuts, plant based oils: hemp, flax; Vitamin B1, B2, B3, 8:1 ratio magnesium to calcium, High vitamin C & D; but not on much meat protein, No b12, no choline, no pantheonic acid, no zinc, no selenium, no fish oil. Yes to beta Carotene, chromium, folic acid, riboflavin, thiamin,& niacin

Parasympathetic types are rather creative with unconventional ‘formal’ education; mostly blood-based cancers; do good on lots of meat and a ketogenic diet, saturated fats, fats from fish oils, Calcium 10-15 ratio to magnesium (High magnesium causes depression), Vitamin B12, B5, Choline; not as good on grains or seed. Need zinc & selenium, not good with other large Vitamin B doses.

Mixed or balanced types: suffer rather from allergies and fatigue.

Been a low-fat vegetarian for 30 years when I developed a 80% stenosis at my aorta. Since I did really well on high doses of all nutrients mentioned, and by adding daily eggs, fish, high healthy fats and occasional beef, I must be a mixed type too.
Last edited by pamojja on Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by pamojja » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:06 pm

DiverDown2 wrote:With heart disease what kind of diet do you recommend?
EX: Low Carb High Good Fat or what is best for heart?

Personally let blood-testing guide me. I'm very sensitive to any kind of carbs, where blood glucose goes up, with it insulin resistance and a number of other makers worsening, like lipids. Therefore with testing (a blood-glucose monitor is cheap enough, to regularly test post-prandial glucose) there isn't any doubt. Which diet would be best in one's own particular case and biochemical individuality.

Other than that, I believe variety of food really is key. Consider our ancestors before agriculture consumed about 200 different foods throughout the year. Each again with up to a 100 phyto-chemicals, most not even discovered yet. Compare such a varied diet to a the limited number of food consumed on a SAD these days.

Microbiome research seems to confirm my believe:

http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/feature/whats-in-your-gut

Big data dump from the world’s largest citizen science microbiome project reveals how factors such as diet, antibiotics and mental health status can influence the microbial and molecular makeup of your gut

Emerging trends
All of the data collected by the American Gut Project are publicly available, without participants’ identifying information. This open access approach allows researchers around the world to mine the data for meaningful associations between factors such as diet, exercise, lifestyle, microbial makeup and health. Here are a few observations that have emerged so far:

Diet. The number of plant types in a person’s diet plays a role in the diversity of his or her gut microbiome—the number of different types of bacteria living there. No matter the diet they prescribed to (vegetarian, vegan, etc.), participants who ate more than 30 different plant types per week (41 people) had gut microbiomes that were more diverse than those who ate 10 or fewer types of plants per week (44 people). The gut samples of these two groups also differed in the types of molecules present.

Antibiotics. The gut microbiomes of American Gut Project participants who reported that they took antibiotics in the past month (139 people) were, as predicted, less diverse than people who reported that they had not taken antibiotics in the last year (117 people). But, paradoxically, people who had taken antibiotics recently had significantly greater diversity in the types of chemicals in their gut samples than those who had not taken antibiotics in the past year.

The participants who ate more than 30 plants per week also had fewer antibiotic resistance genes in their gut microbiomes than people who ate 10 or fewer plants. In other words, the bacteria living in the guts of the plant-lovers had fewer genes that encode the molecular pumps that help the bacteria avoid antibiotics. This study didn’t address why this might be the case, but the researchers think it could be because people who eat fewer plants may instead be eating more meat from antibiotic-treated animals or processed foods with antibiotics added as a preservative, which may favor the survival of antibiotic-resistant bacteria...

When I got afirst ubiome test 2 years ago, this was confirmed. I do get about 80 different kinds of food a year, and my microbiome diversity was higher than 93% of all tested at that time.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#6  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:17 pm

Is the Mediterranean diet heart healthy and is it good with PT?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:17 am

If your "metabolic type" can avoid high carbs, then any high fat/ordinary protein diet would in theory be okay.

Apparently, fasting (not eating) works best :-) . . . based on improvements in lab values.

youtube direct link
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by johnjackson » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:05 pm

I thought this was a 2 fold issue
1 preventing heart issues requires grams of Vit C and lysine/proline with some added vit k2
as a foundation
vit D
correct hormones all matter

then you have the other things that a diet needs to do.... #1..dont get fat...obesity leads to many diseases
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530540

and a high fat diet? well, lots of fat seems to bring its own issues
as dr mcdougall explains with books and videos and dr ornish, etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRuDpqYuvY

what about a high fat diet that doesnt lead to weight gain?
Id worry about getting nitric oxide going......but maybe it wont' matter with lots of AA?
https://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testos ... Oxide.aspx
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”