NO BASELINE

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

NO BASELINE

Post Number:#1  Post by johnjackson » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:11 pm

I have been on pauling therapy for a few years
I try to tell others about it, my siblings, at least my parents follow my directions
I just got back a lab test from

Measured(I called and talked to consult/lab tech)

Lipoprotein (a) 8.4 nmol/L

ref--- < 75,0

so it seems I have low risk of getting a clogged artery?

or do I need a CAC?
Coronary artery calcium (CAC) scoring, also called a coronary calcium scan, is a test that measures the amount of calcium in the walls of the heart's arteries

I do take lots of k2 daily as well as vit C +lysine

so although I have no baseline ,maybe Pauling therapy is working

One thing I dont quiet understand is a study in my signuate
https://medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php
that says
500mg/3x day of vit C is enough

The study, by Dr. Willis was remarkable and well ahead of its time. He was able to show the progression or regression of atherosclerosis in living humans for the very first time, using an innovative idea of injecting radio-opaque dye into the vessels and taking x-rays of the arteries in a serial manner. He did this before and after his proposed intervention.

Another item of note in Willis' study was his showing that in patients with atherosclerosis as demonstrated on serial arteriography, these plaques were able to reverse using nutrient supplementation in a non-toxic, non-invasive, inexpensive program. In fact, in his preliminary work into the reversal of coronary artery disease in humans, he was able to demonstrate that 60 percent of study participants had a reversal, or improvement, in what, up until now, has been thought to be a progressive and irreversible necessity of degeneration. The intervention was Vitamin C taken orally in a dose of 500 mg three times per day. This dose was chosen based on earlier studies and was designed to maintain a steady tissue concentration of Vitamin C.

I take 2 grams upon waking and 1-3 grams(spoonful of powder) 3-5x a day
2 grams before bed
5 or so grams lysine(pills)

2 LEF super k pills
1-2 Koncentrade K pills 25mg k4 .5mg k7
https://www.amazon.com/Koncentrated-All ... 600&sr=8-4
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: NO BASELINE

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:59 am

You haven't read my book yet :x The Willis studies are examined and discussed.

8.4 nmol/l is an excellent Lp(a) score. Congratulations.

The calcium test would indicate whether you should be taking more vitamin K, and given your Lp(a), I'd guess your score would be low.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by johnjackson » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:40 pm

I had your book, but havent found it since i moved! I didnt read it
Im thiniking this forum needs a reading list
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14541

there we go

I dont understand Lp(a) vs calcium score
how can I have a low lpa and a high calcium score?

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Calcium seems to be mostly a function of vitamin K. If your vitamin K is low and/or you are taking drugs that deplete or inactivate vitamin K, e.g. warfarin (aka rat poison) then calcium scores increase, apparently on the "outside" of your pipes (arteries).

My wife and I have zero calcium scores. Do you really think you have a high calcium score? Maybe in addition to vitamin K, you need more magnesium. I just heard Dr. Levy just published a book on magnesium.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by johnjackson » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:10 am

ofonorow wrote:

Calcium seems to be mostly a function of vitamin K. If your vitamin K is low and/or you are taking drugs that deplete or inactivate vitamin K, e.g. warfarin (aka rat poison) then calcium scores increase, apparently on the "outside" of your pipes (arteries).

My wife and I have zero calcium scores. Do you really think you have a high calcium score? Maybe in addition to vitamin K, you need more magnesium. I just heard Dr. Levy just published a book on magnesium.

INteresting because I dont know levey had a book on MG, but he mentions it a lot in his videos and "death by calcium"
and I have magnessium miracle
https://www.amazon.com/Magnesium-Miracl ... 4198&psc=1

--of note:
--similar to the FDA's dealing with this forum,
the author, Caroyn dean, MD, ND, sells "ReMag" and was warned by FDA to stop saying ReMag(magnessium) coould do so much to help the body, otherwise it will be considered a drug and have to go thru costly trials by FDA(which isnt medical)
https://drcarolyndean.com/2017/10/theories-dont-heal/
or as she said
"Many people who thought they had a disease condition and used medications found that their symptoms abated and they could wean off their drugs. This was incredible and miraculous for our customers but made us the target of the FDA who warned us that treating disease conditions with ReMag makes ReMag a drug. Because only drugs can treat disease, according to the FDA, (a non medical body), we would have to go through billion dollar drug trials – or change our message to say that ReMag just supports the structure and function of the body."

BAck to me
take 1-2 grams of MG/day
2 forms, citrate, glycinate and cheleated form
all backed by Consumerlabs.com

I doubt I have a high CAC, but I dont know understand how Calcium gets into the arteries.
does it bind to Lp(a)?
Can you have a low Lp(a) and high CAC, or low CAC and high lp(a)

Owen likes to say I post with "authority" and I might come off that way because I understand what I am posting
but I tend to not post about stuff I dont understand, I am here to learn and stand on the shoulders of others.

I dont think I have a high CAC score because I take so much k2
1-2 Super K from LEF
and 1-2 Koncentrated K

but my dad has afib and he was told to NOT take MG, which is absurd. those mds need to be shot

lpa

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”