?Take lysine and proline separately from VitC?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

?Take lysine and proline separately from VitC?

Post Number:#1  Post by farside » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:24 am

VitC is said to hyroxylyse the exposed lysine and proline threads in a damaged arterial wall.
So if VC, lysine and proline are taken all together at the same time, won't the same happen, i.e. the VC will hydroxylyse the free lysine and proline?
Does this happen, and if so, is it a problem?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: ?Take lysine and proline separately from VitC?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:25 pm

I am not a chemist. What do you think

hyroxylyse

really means?

I believe that lysine "chelates" (fits with ascorbate) which preserves the easy-to-break down vitamin during digestion (Sherry Lewin, 1976) but a lysine or proline "residue" exposed on the arterial wall may not be entirely the amino acid lysine or proline.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: ?Take lysine and proline separately from VitC?

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:07 pm

As pointed out in this wiki-artcle: https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/wiki ... _functions

Vitamin C Basic Functions

Collagen synthesis. Vitamin C is an essential coenzyme in collagen synthesis. Cofactor in the hydroxylation of lysine and proline, stimulation of gene-expression in fibroblasts; development, maturation and repair of connective tissue such as skin, bone, tendons ligaments, scar tissue, blood vessels and cartilage (anti-scurvy effect = ascorbic). Lack of ascorbic acid results in poorly formed connective tissue in the skin, joints, muscles, and bones.

Therefore no problem, but what it is supposed todo.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”