Absorption of vitamin C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Absorption of vitamin C

Post Number:#16  Post by gmdodaro » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:39 pm

“What about the R3 and R4 hormones”
I don’t know if the labs I’ve used test for R3 and R4. Lately I’ve used Labcorps or Quest Diagnostics.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#17  Post by ofonorow » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:22 pm

According to the MM - these additional two "radio" hormones are currently unknown to modern science. Also unknown is the true importance and real function of the Thyroid gland. Since you have (or will have) THYROID HEALING. You'll have to read, digest and accept this material for yourself.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by gmdodaro » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:30 pm

The book has been unsettling, and I just got my lab results. The natural desiccated thyroid I've been taking for about three months has not increased my T3. T3 actually decreased from 2.9 -> 2.5. It has reduced my TSH significantly, which would seem to indicate that, if anything, the pig thyroid is fooling my pituitary gland. I've decided to stop the NDT and see if I feel any different. Since I don't feel like a hypothyroid case, according to descriptions by both MM and Broda Barnes, my body may be functioning reasonably well without thyroid hormones in the average ranges specified by the labs.

The blood work also showed an alarming increase in PSA to 7.2. That is going to take some serious research. My father had both bypass surgery and surgery for removal of cancerous prostate at my age.

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by gmdodaro » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:57 pm

It occurred to me that this spike in the PSA correlates exactly with the past four months of taking natural desiccated thyroid. I searched online and found a Levothyroxine user who had the same experience. It's another reason to stop the thyroid supplement.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#20  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:00 am

I too am rereading THYROID HEALING. I'm in Chapter 1 or 2, and I just noticed a sentence that That's right, the EBV virus is a hidden cause of prostate cancer.

And what if the dessicated thyroid contains viruses?

The message I have gotten from the book is that even if your entire Thyroid is removed, the body can adjust and other glands will pick up the production of the necessary hormones.

The other main message, maybe from another MM book, is that there are various "anti-virals" (including Cat's Claw, etc.), but the PRIMARY anti-viral therapy always begins and includes celery juice.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by gmdodaro » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:24 am

Thanks, again, Owen for your comments. I may be a candidate for injectable CD followed by vitamin C. I've read the sections of Kalcker's book on injectable CD. I have a doctor who uses intravenous C for various treatments. He has been amenable to my suggestions over the years.

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by gmdodaro » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:21 am

https://medivizor.com/blog/SampleLibrar ... perplasia/
Prostate volume was highest in this group. In men who had an above average level of testosterone, T4 was linked to a larger prostate volume.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#23  Post by ofonorow » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:20 am

Triggering old, non MM memories. Estrogens cause growth, not testosterone. The Lee books WHAT YOUR DOCTOR WON'T TELL YOU ABOUT.... e.g., Breast Cancer ... Explain that it is not testosterone, per say, but the fact that the body, especially in older men, has an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen. (Think about it, testosterone is highest in young men, but Benign Prostate Hyperplasia begins later in life, as does prostate cancer.) There is a Harvard professor who treats prostate cancer with testosterone and has patients from around the world. The reference is a link to his article in Life Extension magazine.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by gmdodaro » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:09 am

Thanks, Owen. I have read John Lee, but I didn't know about the doc at Harvard. I've taken testosterone since I read Dr Lee 5-6 years ago. More recently I've found I can keep my testosterone at about 550 with only DHEA supplementation. I have no intention of following the conventional opinion that chemical castration is the way to treat prostate problems. My reference above about is about the correlation between T4 and and prostate enlargement, which surprised me. This spike in the PSA correlates exactly with the past four months of taking natural desiccated thyroid. Do you have the name or a link to find that article in LEF magazine?

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#25  Post by gmdodaro » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:14 pm

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#26  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:56 am

Written By Abraham Morgentaler, MD, Facs.
That is the Harvard professor and looks like it may be the article, there may be others.

gmdodaro wrote:Thanks, Owen. I have read John Lee, but I didn't know about the doc at Harvard. I've taken testosterone since I read Dr Lee 5-6 years ago.

Personally, I take a low-dosage of an "aromatase inhibitor" anastrosal? prescribed by my Alt. MD to block the conversion of testosterone to estrogens. (usually prescribed to women for breast cancer - which sent my pharmacist through a loop.) Before that I followed Lee's advice to use topical progesterone (to counteract any estrogens). Knock on wood, I am in my mid sixties without any prostate enlargement..

After reading MM, (and other more human material of the adverse affects of direct testosterone replacement), I do not take any hormone replacements.

More recently I've found I can keep my testosterone at about 550 with only DHEA supplementation.

That make sense and sounds "safer" to me, given that older men do create that enzyme converting testosterone to estrogens.. Think breasts on older guys.

I have no intention of following the conventional opinion that chemical castration is the way to treat prostate problems. My reference above about is about the correlation between T4 and and prostate enlargement, which surprised me. This spike in the PSA correlates exactly with the past four months of taking natural desiccated thyroid.

I bet you could "correlate" wearing tennis shoes with prostate enlargement too. What if, as MM claims, T3 and T4 or unimportant hormones that have some use for managing the immune system, but little else if they are low or missing, and that the true culprit is the EBV virus of certain types and at certain stages? If the virus is the cause, it could affect both T4 levels and the prostate.

Another theory, rank speculation, is that the dessicated thyroid either aggravated an existing EBV, or maybe even introduced a virus.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#27  Post by gmdodaro » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:59 pm

Personally, I take a low-dosage of an "aromatase inhibitor" anastrosal? prescribed by my Alt. MD to block the conversion of testosterone to estrogens. (usually prescribed to women for breast cancer - which sent my pharmacist through a loop.) Before that I followed Lee's advice to use topical progesterone (to counteract any estrogens). Knock on wood, I am in my mid sixties without any prostate enlargement...[

I've been taking progesterone for more than six years. When I had the initial problems in 2014, the urologist told me to expect repeated blockages and suggested the TURP surgery. John Lee's book gave me the alternative to that barbarism. He also wanted to put me on Tamsulosin, which had done no good when I needed it. The blockages I've had in the following years were when I stopped taking iodine based on two other doctors cautions. The iodine was keeping both prostate problems and atrial fibrillation/tachycardia under control. When I stopped the iodine, both got much worse. I ended in the ER a couple of times, once with both a-fib and prostate block. I restarted iodine at higher dosage and both problems stopped in about two weeks. No problems since March 2018.

[b]I bet you could "correlate" wearing tennis shoes with prostate enlargement too. What if, as MM claims, T3 and T4 or unimportant hormones that have some use for managing the immune system, but little else if they are low or missing, and that the true culprit is the EBV virus of certain types and at certain stages? If the virus is the cause, it could affect both T4 levels and the prostate.

Another theory, rank speculation, is that the desiccated thyroid either aggravated an existing EBV, or maybe even introduced a virus.

I have more blood work scheduled for the end of this month. Until then I'm going to continue with progesterone, DHEA, celery juice, strict vegan diet, vitamins C, E, D3, K2, B complex, cod liver oil, and iodine. I'm also taking CDS at night, protocol C (filling a bottle with distilled water and 10-15 mL of CDS, drinking it over the night at 1-2 hour intervals.) This approach seems compatible with my antioxidants in the daytime. I stopped the desiccated thyroid supplement about a week ago. I didn't have hypothyroid symptoms when I started thyroid meds, and so far I don't feel any letdown without them, even though they came with dire warnings not to stop taking them.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#28  Post by ofonorow » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:38 am

Sounds like a good plan.

When I stopped the iodine, both got much worse. I ended in the ER a couple of times, once with both a-fib and prostate block. I restarted iodine at higher dosage and both problems stopped in about two weeks. No problems since March 2018.

I haven't gotten to the discussion of Iodine yet in my reread of THYROID HEALING, but from memory, it is the anti-viral nature of iodine that is important.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”