Lysine and proline with low VC

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lysine and proline with low VC

Post Number:#1  Post by Xdxml » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:19 am

I’m wondering if someone does not take enough VC that his body needs and continues to take lysin 6g and proline 2g…in such a scenario is he putting himself in danger since now the body’s backup mechanism Lpa is not not able to clog holes in the arteries?

Should one stop lysine and proline if he knows he is not getting enough VC?

If VC is being taken in adequate amount that the body needs then there would be no risk that the body will need to use lpa.

I hope my question is clear

Thank

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Lysine and proline with low VC

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:55 pm

We agree with your assessment. We believe, based on the Pauling/Rath unified theory, that Lp(a) is acting as a surrogate for low vitamin C, (and thus the collagen that would otherwise be made to strengthen the arterial wall.) So adding an Lp(a) binding inhibitor, to remove the plaster casts, but not at the same time strengthening the underlying artery, is problematic. We ALWAYS have recommended taking vitamin C, at least 5-10 grams, before taking higher amounts (5 +g) of lysine (and proline)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Xdxml » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:12 pm

ofonorow wrote: We agree with your assessment. We believe, based on the Pauling/Rath unified theory, that Lp(a) is acting as a surrogate for low vitamin C, (and thus the collagen that would otherwise be made to strengthen the arterial wall.) So adding an Lp(a) binding inhibitor, to remove the plaster casts, but not at the same time strengthening the underlying artery, is problematic. We ALWAYS have recommended taking vitamin C, at least 5-10 grams, before taking higher amounts (5 +g) of lysine (and proline)

Thanks for the reply. My issue is that with 20grams a day my cholesterol is still high over 300. My twin brother is lower at 270.

I’m assuming that in my specific situation I’m not getting enough VC and that it would be better for me to find out my tolerance before adding lysine. Can I make that assumption?

Thank you

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:32 am

You say 20 grams per day - for how long and what kind of vitamin C?

From all the work of E. GInter, as reported by Pauling in HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, your total cholesterol on optimal vitamin C should approach 180 mg/dl. This is a clue that both you and your brother require more vitamin C than the average person.

Most cholesterol is your friend, i.e., it is part of the body's detox system for helping to remove heavy metals and such. Cholesterol rises, in the face of so-called "heart disease" (aka chronic scurvy) to help fight the fire. It would be nice to know the size of the particles, as generally small particles are worse than large particles. But there is nothing to fear in a 300 mg/dl per se. Barring a genetic issue, your body is protecting you with higher cholesterol levels, and somehow you found out about the cause (low vitamin C) and how to protect yourself (Lp(a) binding inhibitors vitamin C, lysine and proline).

The factor, a fraction of LDL, that is "sticky" and starts forming atherosclerotic plaques is called Lp(a). Do you know what your measured Lp(a) values are? At your total levels, it is probably elevated, and it is wise to up both vitamin C, lysine and proline, per the Pauling/Rath invention of "Lp(a) Binding Inhibitors"... These patents can be referenced from https://PaulingTherapy.com

Conclusion: Unless there are serious toxicity issues, e.g., dental infections caused by root canals or cavitations (or infections under crowns), then from my experience, 20 grams of vitamin C per day should support 5 grams of lysine and perhaps 500 mg of proline. Having said that, we had one forum member with a mouthful of infection that felt well on over 100 grams (100,000 mg) of vitamin C daily. So yes, find your bowel tolerance, or you might try the Jaffee cleanse. Determine the largest one-time dose you can take, and take it every 15 minutes for 2 hours until the watery discharge. 75% of that amount is your calibrated (estimated) daily ascorbate dosage.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by Xdxml » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:43 pm

ofonorow wrote:You say 20 grams per day - for how long and what kind of vitamin C?

Determine the largest one-time dose you can take, and take it every 15 minutes for 2 hours until the watery discharge. 75% of that amount is your calibrated (estimated) daily ascorbate dosage.

Appreciate it

Currently
lpa 23
a1c 5.4
Vitamin e 20.1
Triglycerides 170
Hdl 50

I removed my amalgam fillings before these readings. I will also remove my single root canal soon.

It seems that my ldl is probably bad since my triglycerides hdl ratio is not good

What would you be able to infer with this info?

Edit : I make sure my vitamin c either says “l-ascorbic acid” or “quali c”

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:08 am

Again, how long have you been supplementing vitamin C?

How long ago did you remove the fillings?

Even one root canal might explain your high cholesterol. Does your brother also have toxic dental work? (There is no way the dead tissue in a root canal cannot become toxic.)

If the units are mg/dl - your Lp(a) isn't bad, for such an elevated cholesterol reading.

I just found out, from reading great the books in the HEALING IS VOLTAGE series, by Jerry Tennant, that LDL cholesterol is CALCULATED based on a formula using total cholesterol and triglycerides.

A1C is good, not alarming
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”