EFFICACY OF VITAMIN C SALTS

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

JJD

EFFICACY OF VITAMIN C SALTS

Post Number:#1  Post by JJD » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:25 pm

I need the Paling protocol of ascorbic acid and L-lysine because of my heart disease. My problem is that I have a quite bad stomach. I am unable to tolerate the vitamin C unless I take it as the calcium, magnesium, potassium, or sodium salts of ascorbic acid, e.g., calcium ascorbate...sodium ascorbate.
I understand that many students of the Pauling protocol believe that the salts of vitamin C will not have the therapeutic effects of the pure ascorbic acid.
Is this true?
What can I do? I can't ingest pure vitamin C, and I can't afford liposomal C.
Thank you for your time.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: EFFICACY OF VITAMIN C SALTS

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:33 pm

Take the form you can tolerate. Mineral ascorbates might be less effective (haven't really tried, since they are also more expensive), but you can always titrate to bowel-tolerance and thereby maximise its effects.

Don't use calcium ascorbate in high doses, which would give much too much calcium. A cost effective way is making your own sodium ascorbate from pure ascorbic acid, by mixing it in water with up to half its weight of sodium bicarbonate. Gives you the exact same sodium ascorbate in solution as bought.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”