night leg cramps after 3 a.m., waking up thirsty

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

night leg cramps after 3 a.m., waking up thirsty

Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:08 pm

I hope this email finds you well!

I started on the Cardio-C on 02/29/2024 My CAC of 414 had me searching for something to keep me from tipping over prematurely. I am doing the minimum dose of 2 scoops per day(divided) plus following the rest of the supplements as described in chapter 7(divided). Except vitamin A, can't find a good quality one yet.

I am not used taking so many powders, pills and such, so it kinda is out of my norm (read scary). This week I started having night leg cramps, not my norm at all. I did notice that the cramps were coming after 3 am and I was waking up thirsty.

I have been occasionally thirsty during the day as well. I am getting 60-80 ounces of water a day. Pauling says "plenty of water". What's plenty of water look like?

Should I cut back on the dosage and the pills for a while and work my way up? Stop for a while and see if the cramps dissipate? I know you are not supposed to dispense medical advice, however, my regular Doc is a statin aficionado. So asking him is out. Any direction you can point me in? Thank You in advance and best Regards!
Joseph

What is your blood sugar? The thirst is a symptom of high blood sugar/diabetes.

Deficiencies of certain minerals, esp. magnesium and potassium can cause leg cramps?

I'm sure others will have ideas.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: night leg cramps after 3 a.m., waking up thirsty

Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:07 pm

As of September 2023 after a dramatic dietary change(cut out seed/vegetable oils, carbs down to 100-130 grams per day of only complex carbs, eating whole foods and 16 hour/day fasting), Glucose was 90mg/dL. Potassium 4.2 mmol/L.
I am due for more labs this month.
I upped my electrolytes with 8 ounces of coconut water/day and the cramps have dissipated.
I guess I am left with, what does plenty of water look like?

As a guy who formerly believed the medical corporation had my back, it sure is scary learning that what I was taught/believed is wrong. Having to re-learn everything at my age(65) is quiet the endeavor.
I joined the forum.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

GWS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GWS » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:04 pm

Welcome to the survivors club, I joined a week or two ago......at 74. I used to take calcium at night before bed, and it probably helped propel me to the heart bypass operating table. Magnesium is indeed what you need. I've gravitated to 2 350mg Magnesium Glycinate capsules, morning and night, and unless I forget a dose I have no more cramping or nervous feet. The biggest problem with Magnesium supplementation is greed. I used to be able to take one capsule a night, but now you can't find anything that potent. Most of what's in the horse pills now is filler.

I was told that calcium is what the body needs, but calcium pills just calcify your blood, and help make plaque. Magnesium they say is what helps calcium get into the tissues where it belongs. We should normally get enough calcium from food. Smarter people will teach you about calcium score.

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Blanko » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:25 pm

Well said comments on calcium and magnesium. Most older people seem to benefit from plenty of supplemental magnesium.

BlackBoxDoc

Post by BlackBoxDoc » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:48 am

Thanks for the welcome aboard!
After the heads up from Owen and your posts, I had researched that magnesium deficiency can be related to dehydration by way of kidney function.
I started taking supplemental magnesium yesterday and one night does not a mean or trend make, however, it went well! No cramps.
The muscle twitching in the legs were less and the thirst as well. ("cotton mouth" is a symptom of dehydration.)

So here is to learning new things and moving forward!
Thanks again!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”