will Vitamin C therapy help my Dad?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

scottlynn73

will Vitamin C therapy help my Dad?

Post by scottlynn73 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi all, first let me congratulate the Foundation on such a wonderful site. I have found it extremely useful in researching the efficacy of Vitamin C for treating a range of conditions (a few of which I suffer from myself).

I have a query relating to my old man, he suffers from angina, which I know could be a precursor to more serious problems later on. Do you guys think Vit C therapy (with lysine, right?) would be useful in limiting or preventing problems in the future?

Thanks so much
Dr Scott Hamilton (PhD, not MD!)

Dolev
quack
quack

Re: will Vitamin C therapy help my Dad?

Post by Dolev » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:11 am

He should take vitamin E, building up over the course of a month to about 1600 I.U. The starting dose depends on whether he has high blood pressure. Vitamin E may initially raise blood pressure due to increased efficiency of oxygen use in the heart, therefore if he has high BP, the starting dose should be no more than 100 IU. Since the vitamin E increases blood flow in the capillaries, it will cure angina and eventually lower blood pressure also.

Vitamin C therapy is also necessary, of course. Others will give more answers about it.
Dolev

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:28 pm

First question, how much vitamin C does your father take on a daily basis?

Second question, do you have any idea how much he could take daily without diarrhea? (See orthomed.com/titrate.htm)

But yes, 5000 ascorbic acid and 5000 mg lysine, in split dosages, has eliminated angina in almost everyone we know of who
doesn't have a medicated stent. Most report relief in about 10 days.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

scottlynn73

Post by scottlynn73 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:30 pm

thanks so much for the information- as for how much he takes, i think none is the answer!

thats interesting about Vitamin E, I will mention that also!

when we say split dosages- is morning and night ok? or are the half lives of the compounds too low for this?

Dolev
quack
quack

Post by Dolev » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:09 pm

The classic source for the info about vitamin E is "The Heart and vitamin E" by Evan Shute. You can also find excellent info on doctoryourself.com.
Dolev

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:13 am

scottlynn73 wrote:thanks so much for the information- as for how much he takes, i think none is the answer!

thats interesting about Vitamin E, I will mention that also!

when we say split dosages- is morning and night ok? or are the half lives of the compounds too low for this?

For many years I took my 18,000 mg twice daily in the morning 9,000 mg and evening 9,000 mg. Then Drs Hickey and Roberts published their ASCORBATE: The Science of Vitamin C and presented their Dynamic Flow theory. According to their work, it is more optimal to take at least 500 mg every 4 hours (but perhaps not as convenient).

So I now tend to take somewhat smaller amounts more often.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”