Cholesterol Rising on A-9

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Cholesterol Rising on A-9

Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:00 am

Dear Owen,
I have taken two bottles of Ascorsine 9 and I'm on my second bottle of Heart Technology (switched, sadly, to save money). I have been on the therapeutic dose - 4 scoops daily - since I began taking the products.

In January my total cholesteral was 186 with LDL of 122. After testing 50% and 70% respectively on my right and left carotid arteries in February my doctor prescribed Zocor (20 mg. daily) which I was on for a month before deciding that it was not for me. I quit taking it mid-March and went on the Ascorsine in April. My recent total cholesterol reading is 207 with the LDL rising to 139. In your book it is mentioned on page 67 that initially blood lipid levels may rise. Is my experience typical?

I will have another ultrasound on the 26th of this month, hoping to see improvement (even if it is slight) in my carotid plaque levels. Your perspective, if you have time to respond, would be appreciated. I'm kind of freaking out!!

P.S. My original problem was non-ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy, diagnosed in Nov. 2006. Angiogram at that time showed completely clear coronary arteries.

Sincerely,
E. H.

Don't worry, be happy. High cholesterol is a symptom, but it is important for your health. It helps detoxify your tissues, etc. Elevated cholesterol can also be a signal (elevated above normal) that you are not getting enough vitamin C. And yes it rises in heart patients.

But lowering this important substance with a drug like Zocor is not only wrong-headed and dangerous, it is not indicated in cases of heart failure because it would promote heart failure.

You want your cholesterol lowered, yes, but as you heal and your body doesn't require the high levels any longer. Not by lowering it whether or not you are healing.

Do you know what the symptom of high cholesterol is ? Feeling good!

And if you are not taking CoQ10, that would be another recommendation that would be expected to be important in your case, in addition to vitamin C.

I see nothing to freak out about, except for the zocor prescription for a patient with "clear' arteries and signs of heart failure. Jeezzz!.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”