What kind of C should I take, is Cardio-C Enough?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

What kind of C should I take, is Cardio-C Enough?

Post by ofonorow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:27 am

Owen

I used the Tower product for a couple months and then tried Vitacost individual vitamins and chewable C to do Pauling. I just started a your Cardio C and like it. I'm 55 years old, 6' 4" and 215 pounds. I've reduced Zochor to 20 mg per day and would even like to get off it if possible. Cholesterol is now 190 with 4,000 mg Vit C and 3,000 Lysine per day.

1. I'm thinking of changing my auto purchase to jars per month of Cardio C to give me 5 G Vit C and 5 G L-lysine. I like my chewable Vit C and would take a few of those to get me up to 6-8 G per day.

Is this a reasonable course of action to get my cholesterol down and maybe be off Zochor in 6 months or so?

2. You suggest monitoring Lipoprotein (a) as a better measure of risk from plaque. Also saw article in Life Extension about PLAC test for Lp-PLA2. Which of these would you recommend?

3. My brother-in-law, [deleted], attended and later taught for a while at the Air Force Academy about the time you were there according to your bio. Ever run into him?

Thanks in advance,
D.M.

Any vitamin C will improve your health, the only problem with ordinary chewables would be the sugar - which competes with vitamin C, best to take C away from carbs/sugars - not a really big deal, unless you are diabetic.

I'd get off a cholesterol-lowering drug tomorrow, but that's me.

Cholesterol is an important body defense mechanism. These drugs do not treat the disease, they make it worse. They have run over 1000 studies trying to prove they help, with almost no success. If you read this forum, you'll see the recent study that got all the news had virtually identical benefits as the placebo.

I read the LEF article, but I know little about the LEF test. Know that vitamin C is the key to CVD, thank you Linus Pauling. Yes, Lp(a) is the important factor, but it too acts as your friend when you are not taking in enough vitamin C. Your numbers sound good - both intake and cholesterol. If you can take more C, i.e. more Cardio-C I think it is wise.

Its been a while since USAFA - what did he teach? Does he remember me? I graduated in 1976.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: What kind of C should I take, is Cardio-C Enough?

Post by ofonorow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:37 am

[Deleted] taught aeronautical engineering I believe, but haven't talked to him in a while. He now owns 2 wine bar/restaurants in Colorado.

3 days after flight to LAX I came down with Cold which is now Flu, even though I was taking 5,000 mg of C per day. Since started sneezing I upped it to 10,000 mg. Shouldn't that be enough to get some relief?

Thanks,
D. M

One would think! And C will help reduce the symptoms and prevent complications from the acute scurvy in your tissues that would otherwise be induced. It sounds like you do need more vitamin C to saturate your tissues. But there is another answer to colds/flu in winter. I finally learned that the real key to preventing cold/flu is vitamin D. Probably 6000 to 8000 iu of vitamin D3 daily - in winter.

Long story, but plenty of info on net if interested.

You normally get 8000 iu from 20 minutes in the Sun between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. - but only half the year(summer) at latitudes above Atlanta.

Starting in late Sep/Oct, the Sun's rays have to go through too much atmosphere and the ultraviolet that creates vitamin D on the skin is filtered out.

Every wonder why people start to get sick beginning in Oct, and through the winter? (Cash cow for medicine, so they have ignored the obvious evidence.)

Anwyay, 3 years ago I purchased a "reptile lamp" (ultra violet B) lamp, and for the next 2
years - nothing. No flu/cold. Not even sniffles. (I had been taking 18000 vitamin C since about 1986, and still got sick during the winter.)

Then last year - caught cold!?! Well, it turns out that my lamp only lasts for a year or two and lost its ability to generate ultraviolet B! (I sit for 20 minutes every morning, but you can take pills otherwise). So I bought a UV/B light meter, and using a new lamp, and so far so good!

It is truly amazing! This entire world of nutrition is amazing - and well hidden.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: What kind of C should I take, is Cardio-C Enough?

Post by ofonorow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:40 am

Owen

Thanks very much for the reply on colds and vit D. I will make those changes for winter here in St Louis. My sister-in-law, [Deleted]'s wife, flies worldwide on business and I asked her advice 2 days ago. In addition to lots of vitamins she recommends Cold Ease, which has Zinc Gluconate. Cleveland Clinic double blind study shows 42% drop in symtoms and 3-4 days reduction in duration.

After 2 days of this and C, my cold appears almost gone. I usually require weeks to get over a cold/flu this bad, so this is very meaningful to me.

Yes, nutrtion supplements are amazing. You won't like this, but I discovered through research that CoQ10 cured the problems with statin induced muscle pain years before it was out there in the public. I found it in an FDA report and that Merck held a patent on CoQ10 for that purpose.

Thanks for all your help. I will call in and double my auto-ship today for Cardio C.

D.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”