Hemochromatosis

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Hemochromatosis

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:10 am

from the email

I would like to know how great a health risk it is to me to take Vitamin C since I have Hemochromatosis (my body stores and does not rid itself of Iron) which I am told Binds Iron to my bodies tissues. I really have need of Linus Pauling's Vit C heart disease therapy. Do you have any information or advice for me? I'm also a diabetic type 2.
Desperate for help.
Timothy H.

I know we have discussed this, but it is gone (and will stimulate me to work on the archives).

Basically, we have our doctors who have found that IV sodium ascorbate lowers, rather than raises, serum iron levels - See the FAQS for doctors. http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/faqdocs.html

There is probably a risk in taking vitamin C with foods that contain iron because more iron will be absorbed.
So take the vitamin away from meals.

As far as the Type 2 Diabetes, the following article contains links to the Thomas Smith web site on the causes of, and means to reverse, Type 2. http://www.thecureforheartdisease.com/owen/gaa.html
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Lab Rat

Make a donation!

Post Number:#2  Post by Lab Rat » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:51 am

Conventional Medical Treatment for Hemochromatosis

Phlebotomy (removal of Blood from the body; bloodletting) is the usual treatment (of choice) for Hemochromatosis. Its effectiveness stems from the reduction in patients’ Iron levels (phlebotomy removes Iron from the body more effectively than any other known method). This procedure is usually undertaken twice per week for approximately six months and involves a patient donating approximately two units of Blood each week. After six months Phlebotomy is reduced to two to six times per year in order to maintain low Iron levels. Phlebotomy can prevent or reverse the Liver damage that occurs in Hemochromatosis.

Return to “Toxicity”