Carthcart protocol. Doubts

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

perico
Contributor
Contributor

Carthcart protocol. Doubts

Post Number:#1  Post by perico » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:39 am

Hi,

I have several doubts with the Carthcart protocol for IVC.

1.-He says that in the past he used water for injection to make the drip, but now he uses the Ringer lactate solution. Is it possible then to use saline solution for making the drip?

I have easy access to 9% saline solution for injection, but I can't found the w.f.i. in great quantities.

2.-I'm thinking to make stock solutions of the same concentration but less quantity (over 50ml). This way I don't need to use the EDTA because I would use the solution in a day.

I think that i will have a problem with the sterility of the sodium ascorbate powder, because it is stored in a normal commercialized bottle. Which procedure do I have to follow to prevent the sodium ascorbate powder getting contaminated?

Do you know any procedure to sterilize the solution at 50% of sodium ascorbate before dilute it into the drip?

Regards

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Carthcart protocol. Doubts

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 pm

perico wrote:Hi,

I have several doubts with the Carthcart protocol for IVC.

1.-He says that in the past he used water for injection to make the drip, but now he uses the Ringer lactate solution. Is it possible then to use saline solution for making the drip?

Dr. Levy says he only uses sterilized water. Anything with sodium may be problematic given the sodium in sodium ascorbate.

I have easy access to 9% saline solution for injection, but I can't found the w.f.i. in great quantities.

2.-I'm thinking to make stock solutions of the same concentration but less quantity (over 50ml). This way I don't need to use the EDTA because I would use the solution in a day.

I do not think the EDTA is strictly necessary (but it is interesting that BioNiche lists it as an ingredient in their injectibles). As long as it is 50/50 (sodium ascorbate/water) I think you should be okay. We do know that he felt the 500 cc (250 sodium ascorbate) was completely germicidal.

I think that i will have a problem with the sterility of the sodium ascorbate powder, because it is stored in a normal commercialized bottle. Which procedure do I have to follow to prevent the sodium ascorbate powder getting contaminated?

Again, the 500 CC stock solution of sodium ascorbate and sterile water (at the 50/50 concentration) kills everything according to Cathcart - self sterilizing - however, Dr. Levy and others recommend adding a "micro filter" to the IV drip for legal reasons.

Do you know any procedure to sterilize the solution at 50% of sodium ascorbate before dilute it into the drip?

Regards

We looked into it, probably not. If you are worried - you can order already made sterile sodium ascorbate at the same concentration from a compounding pharmacy. We use a local pharmacy in Aurora Il.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by eDOC » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:34 am

Perico, make it simple don't confuse yourself. In the past 9 odd years have made and infused over 5,000 IVCs, (not of 10-40 grams but ranging btw 60-120 grams) and have never gone wrong. pH always 7.4, results successful & never had any adverse reactions.

PS: I'd request David to post a protocol, cause my English ain't that good!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by davids1 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:50 am

eDOC wrote:PS: I'd request David to post a protocol, cause my English ain't that good!
Hey, eDoc,

My only familiarity with IV/C is theoretical, i.e. only what I've read. I've certainly never taken or given one!

Along those lines, I believe Cathcart [or someone] wrote that the sodium ascorbate itself is antimicrobial, i.e. so there is [essentially] no need for sterilized water. Personally, I would want to keep the amount of sodium to a minimum.

Warm regards,

David

P.S. And your English has always seemed good enough to me!
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by eDOC » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:11 pm

davids1 wrote:Hey, eDoc,

My only familiarity with IV/C is theoretical, i.e. only what I've read. I've certainly never taken or given one!

Along those lines, I believe Cathcart [or someone] wrote that the sodium ascorbate itself is antimicrobial, i.e. so there is [essentially] no need for sterilized water. Personally, I would want to keep the amount of sodium to a minimum.

Warm regards,

David

P.S. And your English has always seemed good enough to me!

Good Morning David,

I totally agree with your views.

The point that was trying to make for Perico was, that I would make a simple to understand protocol for making a quality IVC and then hand it over to you to correct it cause is your English is PERFECT!

Kind Regards!

Hope you are feeling great and in good health too.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by davids1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:24 pm

eDOC wrote:The point that was trying to make for Perico was, that I would make a simple to understand protocol for making a quality IVC and then hand it over to you to correct it cause is your English is PERFECT!

Kind Regards!

Hope you are feeling great and in good health too.
Hi eDoc,

Yes, all is well. And I hope your clinic [and other work] is going well.

I am more than happy to assist with proofreading/editing. Just let me know.

Warm regards,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

perico
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by perico » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi,

Thank you all for your responses.

Owen, I think that the only way to sterilize the solution of 50% is by filtration, if is not self sterilizing. I would like to confirm this point via some scientific paper (I'm trying to found some chart with different sodium ascorbate concentrations, their bactericidal effect and the exposure time required) but I think that what you and Carthcart say is quite true. I found some papers that pointed out that sodium ascorbate at concentration of 5mM (over 1g of sodium ascorbate in a litter of water) can inhibit completely the growth of some bacterias like the Staphylococcus aureus.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23059632

Then I think that the bactericidal effect of a 5M solution (50/50) is expected to be very hard.

You are right eDOC. With all the explanations I already have the procedure clear in my mind. The questions remaining are not essential.

Finally: any of you have a special method to identify a sodium ascorbate for IV use?

Is it enough, in principle, that the sodium ascorbate verifies the USP requirements (pharmaceutical grade)? I think that pharma grade is the only requirement. Is that right?

I know that the sodium ascorbate of the foundation have several properties like corn free, no gmo, etc... I know that this properties increase the quality of the product, but I want to know which are the ESSENTIAL requirements of a IV sodium ascorbate powder.

I hope you can give me some light here.

Thank you again.

Regards.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by eDOC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Great Perico, relax, simply start making a 80-100 gms IVC, slowly, step wise & hopefully shall get a orangish colored solution with a pH of 7.4. I taught you all so now do it. I gave you all what I learnt in 10 years, none taught me, so chill, you are smart & wont go wrong.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Perico
Just for added safety it's always a good idea to use a IV filter for self-mixed solutions for obvious reasons.
If you plan on doing the IV yourself here's some guides to assure your doing it properly.

watch video at end also.

http://www.wikihow.com/Insert-an-IV

For the down and dirty heres some brain spinning PDF info.

http://www.cdc.gov/hicpac/pdf/guideline ... s-2011.pdf
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by exitium » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:16 am

Has the process of making IV C been posted here on the forums somewhere?

Okay, looks like I found the process but its still a bit fuzzy to me.

http://vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/civprep.pdf

perico
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#11  Post by perico » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:55 am

Hi every one

eDOC, Thank you so much fore all the info you share, you are very kind.

Johnwen thank you for the info, we already are taking care of all of that.

Regards.

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”