Looking for info about IVC for dogs/cancer for my vet

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Looking for info about IVC for dogs/cancer for my vet

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:48 am

Hi,

My dog has been diagnosed with incurable cancer and I have been reading up on IV vitamin c. It appears that it could be helpful and would not be harmful. I want to talk to my vet about it and see if he would be willing to try it for my dog but am looking for some good info to provide him as well as a way that he or I can get the vitamin c for iv treatment. Thanks very much for any help.

-Ashley

Sally Jewell has been working with IVC for pets and provided her with information. (I'll see if I can get a copy of the message.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Pokey*

Re: Looking for info about IVC for dogs/cancer for my vet

Post Number:#2  Post by Pokey* » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi Ashley,

I'm really sorry to hear about your dogs cancer. I hope this info is helpful.
I'm using a injectable vitamin C supplement (sodium ascorbate) for my dog at the moment. My dog doesn't have malignant cancer. Just a lipoma that's the size of a grapefruit but not harming her. I'm doing it for overall health and well being since she is 15 years old.
When I spoke to my vet they said that dogs make their own vitamin c and there's no need supplement. I'm not the sort of person to argue but I was still convinced it could be beneficial.
The vitamin c I bought was from Troy Laboratories PTY Limited http://www.troylab.com.au/ go to supplements.
It comes in a 100ml vial 500mg/ml ascorbic acid as sodium ascorbate. There's a picture of the box on the link It's says for subcutaneous or intramuscular use.
I've been using 1ml subcutaneously behind the neck every second day. My dog has a lot of baggy skin around the neck so it doesn't hurt her.
You could call the lab to find out about IVC. Good luck with everything Ashley.

Pokey*

Post Number:#3  Post by Pokey* » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi Dr Fonorow,
Sorry, I replied to your post thinking it was Ashley's.
I'm very new to posting on forums. Silly me :oops:

cynthia386
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by cynthia386 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:49 am

Young dogs make a lot of vitamin C. The amount of vitamin C and hormones made by animals declines with age. If your vet does not believe you, have him test the vitamin c levels for himself.

Regardless, any sick animal can benefit from more vitamin C, whether they are old or young.

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”