Desperately Seeking Susan

Discussion of the 2009 Noble Prize in Medicine, focusing on substances that reduce telomere shortening by activating the human telomerase enzyme

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Desperately Seeking Susan

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:07 am

or Bill, Tom, Dick and Harry.

We are looking for a special set of people who are willing to take our new telomere lengthener/telomerase activator at no cost.

For the initial studies we need people with shorter than average telomeres for their age. I doubt most readers of this forum have short fuses on their timebombs, but if you just started taking vitamin C you might still qualify.

Are you willing to have your blood tested for Telomere Length?

Do you live in Chicagoland, or at least the USA?

I am having mine tested this month, and I was told that this month (January 2015) LifeLength.com is having a promotion. So now is a good time for us to get baseline telomere measurements.

I am looking forward to the possibility of being able to retain and use my knowledge, and gain more, perhaps for an extra 20 or 30 years beyond what Pauling predicted. If you have the same desire, contact me.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

xor2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Desperately Seeking Susan

Post Number:#2  Post by xor2 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:32 pm

Poland not possible? :)

Tell us about your results when you have :) And what there are reference values, I mean
function in chart (x, y) where x is telomere length and y - life expectancy is highly welcome! :)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:51 am

Anything is possible :D

You might take the time to contact LifeLength.com (Spain) and see if there is a chance the test can be done in Poland.

There is always a first time for everything.

We officially have our first guinea pig (really second after me). This is the same woman I have reported on in the past who we were trying to use the Jaffe protocol to detox her mercury
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9515
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

xor2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by xor2 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:52 am

Thanks will try to contact with them...
(By the way, is testing along with the supplementation also at no cost? Should I mention to lifelength about your research?)

Today I thought that would be great if your wife could also check her telomere length.
I thought about it because you mentioned on forum that your wife is taking relatively small amount of VC daily
(a couple of grams) to compare with your "mega doses".

My wife is also given 7 grams per day and I am curious if such amount could potentially have influence on length..

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:29 am

The testing in the USA will be roughly $1,000 per test (because for now we have to compensate the physician ordering the test too.)

If it is determined that a person's telomeres are shorter than average for their age, then they are a candidate for our Free liposomal (during this trial period).

We'd like to be able to assist with the cost of testing, but it will be a burden for me - and my wife alone.

While she takes approximately 1/2 of the vitamin C I take daily (or else has the runs) she still takes a lot. If I am taking 15-20 grams, she is taking 7 - 10 grams.

Even if various nutrients can delay shortening (when compared to other people our age) our telomeres will still be gradually shorter as the only way to actually lengthen them is when the DNA expresses the telomerase gene. That is , when there is telomerase in the nucleus. The job of this enzyme is to rebuild the telomere repetitive base pairs at the ends of chromosomes, and research indicates that telomerase is selective. It works on the chromosomes with the shortest telomeres. In theory, if we get telomerase into cells, we should should still be able to register a benefit in me (and my wife) despite our high vitamin C intake, if the testing is accurate - and it better be at the price, and Bill Andrews thinks it is the only reliable test. We start life in the womb with about 15,000 base pairs, and when we are born, we have about 10,000 base pairs in our telomeres. Old age is apparently defined around 5,000 base pairs, and I will definitely share my baseline number.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

xor2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by xor2 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:01 am

oh god, 1000$, it is a lot ...

It is a pity, but for most of people it will be an impassable barrier...
(I had vague hope everything is covered :D)

Anyway, I am looking forward for the results :)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:06 am

We currently have 8 individuals enrolled, 4 males and 4 females - including myself and my wife.

Six in Chicagoland and two from Arizona.

I just received a sample of the new liposomal - tentatively named Trifecta (or Trinity, or Triage) that we hope to send to Sierra Sciences to have it evaluated in their cell culture testing for telomerase activity.

Empirical was concerned by the "strong taste", and suggested it be marketed as a concentrate - recommending lots of water. With lowered expectation, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised. I placed on the back of my tongue and it wasn't bad, even pleasant. Better than any liposomal glutathione I have ever tasted.

Here is a study agreement I just drafted and would appreciate comments and suggestions.

Date
Trifecta Liposomal Telomerase Activator Study

Study Description.

A current theory of aging holds that telomere shortening holds sway and all other factors are secondary. Furthermore, experts believe that substances that lead to lengthening of telomeres in human mortal cells leads to rejuvenation of tissues, a reversal of the aging process.

The product to be tested, Trifecta, contains the same astralagus root extract Cycloastragenol as other TE products, such as TA-65, This isolate has been administered safely to humans in pill form for more than 10 years for telomere maintenance. It has recently been designated GRAS by the FDA (Generally Recognized As Safe).

Research by the Bruce Ames group (UC) made national news when they were able to transform old rats into young rats by restoring mitochondrial function. The two substance that caused the age reversal are the dietary supplement Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) and Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA). Both nutrients are in the Trifecta product under study. To our knowledge, telomeres were not measured by Ames or mentioned by others in these repeatable animal experiments.

Resveratrol has been added because it was found to express the same set of anti-aging genes as the only proven method of life expression: calorie restriction. (Acetyl-L-Carnitine and Alpha Lipoic Acid also express anti-aging genes.)

Mice are not men. The purpose of this study is to determine whether the same nutrients that work to halt or reverse aging in animals, can lengthen telomeres in humans. These substances being tested are dietary supplements, they are safe and the dosages in the animal experiments were quite large when adjusted for body weight. Our experience with Emek Blairs liposomes suggest that small dosages will have a large effect because of better absorption and protection of the nutrient in the digestive tract.

Study Understanding

I the undersigned agree to participate in a study of Immortal's liposomal Telomerase Activator and allow the company full unrestricted use of all testing results. I am doing so under my own free will. I understand that Trifecta is a powerful dietary supplement. I agree to comply with the daily dosage requirements provided by the study administration, to keep good records as instructed, and to undergo all required laboratory blood testing, and to provide scheduled feedback. I agree to release the results of the LifeLength and any other telomere length testing to Immortal Cell Sciences for the purposes of this study and any follow-on reports of this study.

In exchange, I will receive all Telomere Laboratory testing and Trifecta product and Liposomal Vitamin C product at no charge. The expected Duration of the study is three to six months.

Signed Date

Witness
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Telomeres”