Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hurt ankle

Post Number:#1  Post by stevewoodz99 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:24 pm

need advice about my ankle

October 30th, 2002, I saw my GP about my ankle, which had been causing me walking issues/pain at work,He and I agreed, it was not broken and that I need to rest itI was walking on it at the time, but hobblings

I went on FMLA for my job and 3 weeks  later, i had to go back to work(mostly out of boredom, not because My ankle was better)
at this time I had a knee scooter to use at work and I used that at work for 5 weeks or so

My ankle was being used at work, it wasnt healing, so I took more time off work(3/2/2022)

I am spending most of my time at home, using my ankle little as possible I  have had PT once, as RX by  orthropod, but we dont do much except work on my foot issues from my brain injury, 22 yrs ago

I asked  the PT my dx, she said it was a,"unstable ankle", but would call the MD and find out more next day.She sent me home with exercises and they hurt, but  I do  them

what I am doing to increase heaing/lower pain:
I am taking aleeve and DMSO(topical and a few drops liquid 3x a day) to deal with the pain and help healing
I am fasting(3=5 days at a time(to raise HGH and lower CRP and raised BDNF
--taking a 9 grams of vit C daily, as well b3, k2/D dail
I had an Iwalk2 and a knee scooter, but I dont use either at home, no room
-when I go out to get water or see some one I use knee scooter

I saw a Podiatrist in January, who told me the flat feet Ive had my whole life are the issue in my ONE foot. She gave me $$  custom orthodicts that dont help, and only hurt the one foot cause its got damage

So I am spending time at home, alone, off my foot as much as I can.
but it seems to be getting worse

I am seeing a second opinion orthopedic surgery in 3.5 weeks(soonest)

Is there more I can be doing?
I am crawling around to the bathroom most of the time
I can ride a recumbent bike with no pain at all.
is there more I can be doing?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: hurt ankle

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:36 pm

I see that you already have DMSO in your protocol and a good amount of vitamin C.

--taking a 9 grams of vit C daily, as well b3, k2/D daily

Other ideas to consider in order to speed/increase healing.

Take Amino Acids (protein).

Remainder of Linus Pauling's protocol (e.g. vitamins E, A and B-complex)

Competent electrical therapy (TENS and other devices have been documented speeding healing in athletes. Fits in with Jerry Tennant's theory that without the "voltage" a cell cannot operate properly or heal.)

If your blood sugars are elevated, your insulin levels may be too low.

From a discussion about NAD (and NAD boosters, NR and NMN) I just learned that a) if your body was depleted of NAD you would be dead in 30 seconds, but as we age, we have less NAD in our bodies. Required for energy, and b) in a recent study, NAD boosters (esp. NMN) have been show to help heal organs.

So another idea is to take NR or NMN and CoQ10.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by stevewoodz99 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:38 pm

thank you for the advice
I take 1gram niacin daily(500mg to 1gram) before bed)
I dont always get the flush and I dont know why that is, the flush puts me to sleep, so i want it

Dr Levy told me to
"The order of application is important.

Consider first applying magnesium oil (concentrated MgCl2), wait until
it dries, then apply 70% or higher concentration of DMSO.

Repeat as desired, washing and drying the area anew before each
new application."

so while I use my topical Jacobs lab DMSO, i am going to get some MgCl2

I have been eating once a day, but I'm going to go 3 days before eating, to increase HGH to get the healing process help and keep insulin/blood sugar low.

I dont know anything about electrical therapy, but it sounds interesting .

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Blargus » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:06 pm

"Swedish Bitters" compress might help according to Maria Treben's book:

"A member of our small church choir injured her knee...it was impossible for her to mount the steep staircase up to the choir. A few moments later I was at her place with the things required for a compress. As a doctor's wife she looked skeptically at my doings. This changed a few minutes later when she was able to bend her knee and the next day she was able to mount the staircase but unfortunately another member was missing, due to a sprained ankle...in the hospital she was just told to keep her foot raised. Swedish Bitters applied as a compress brought her immediately some relief. The next day she came to the choir, although the roads were icy. She was without pain and her ankle was normal." Health Through God's Pharmacy p. 124

Not sure if it works as well for chronic conditions, but it might be worth a try internally as well supposed to be a generally helpful herbal remedy I've had positive experiences with it for other things consistent with what her book says.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by jimmylesante » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:27 pm

SOunds like you have a hypermobile ankle. Do your strengthening exercises from scrunching toes all the way up to gastrocnemius/Soleus/posterior and anterior tibialis etc

If you got proper orthotics for both feet then wear them. Slowly at first 10 mins a day and build up.
To slip them in and just go will give you more pain as your ankle and proprioceptive muscles need time for the change and build up strength.

And if you have put on too much weight which may have caused the change then lose it.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by eDOC » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:08 pm

Since am here why not help this OP.

Your ankle related pain won't help much with the remedies you are trying/experimenting.

Been busy with curing covid, spike removal, prophylactic etc. for 2 yrs. now back to work where I left.....

The pain is neurological in nature, you might give ALA a try but I doubt it would help. Since I post what I have witnessed in my practice and not links or YouTubes. Was a bit rusty having left DMSO for 2 yrs, the solution is DMSO pushes and infusions, which I recalled of curing a patient 5 yrs back, whose chronic neuralgia (wasn't going away despite months of rehab and rx meds and what not) went away with 3 alternate day pushes/infusions.

eDOC!!

EDIT:

After 2 yrs of being away from DMSO infusions/pushes, I feel am getting back hooked, addicted to it again. Today was my 2nd time, asking my RN to infuse a 50% push. I get the feeling like running an auto from gas to NOS. It's simply unexplainable and beyond words. I tip her good, to give the push while am working.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by stevewoodz99 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:14 am

thanks for the help
the surgeon wants to do a
ankle arthroscopy ligament repair and debridement

as the MRI showed I strained ligaments, which is likely, as I have repeatedly rolled/sprained my ankle all thru my 18yrs of childhood, but not in the last 20 years, till now and even now, I am not sure how this injury happened
I walk 5-10miles at my job, but I have no clear memory of falling or hurting my ankle when has been a HUGE issue since last novmeber 2021

do find when i stretch, the pain is greatly reduced

Maybe if i just fast, like no eating for 10+ days, the increased HGH will heal it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5mfPP ... x=4&t=847s

It might be worth a shot

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by stevewoodz99 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:52 pm

MRI results

technique
Routine MRI of the left ankle utilizing standad sequences without contract, Cartilage sensitive sequencing was also performed

there is attenuation of the anterior talofibular and calcaneofibular ligaments consistent with chronic high grade partial thickness tear. Corelate with ankle stabilty
syndesomotic ligaments are intact
superfical and deep fibers the deltoid are unremarkable
flexor and extensor tendons are intact -there is small posterior tibialis tendon effusion

there is peroneus longus and peroneus brevis tendinosis with moderate tenosynovities,
Subtle reactive marrow edema signal is present along the posterior margin of the lateral malleoulu and there is a tiny subcortical c yst, No tear is identified

THe achilles tendon and plantar aponeurosis are unremarkable

there is a chronic full thickness osteochondral lesion of the medial talar dome measuring 5.5 mm transvers by 8 mm anterior to posterior
the sinus tarsi is unremarkable with preservation of the fat and ligaments
the bifurcate ligament is intact
the bone marrow signal intenstityy is normal
the posterior subtalar joint is intact and unremarkable. There is no evidence for coalitiion

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:02 pm

On one hand, stevewoodz99, I have seen the remarkable Russian documentary on fasting, which illustrates how such a "cleanse" cures many ailments. Especially cancers in mice. https://youtu.be/WgLJ_dfKy1E

youtube direct link

But for the injury you describe, I think giving your body the raw materials it needs to heal is important. We know that high dose vitamin C, and I mean very high dose, greatly speeds the healing process of traumatic injuries.

eDOC

I am excited that you are getting back in the saddle regarding DMSO! If and when you get time, let us know about whether you think DMSO might have value in Parkinson's?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by eDOC » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:38 pm

I gave you the solution and stand by it (DMSO infusions). What I have witnessed over +3 decades, conv. orthopeds performing arthroscopic procedures of ankle, knee and than debridement, joint replacement procedures etc. does more harm than good cause they are tunnel visioned or fail to address the root cause. They don't want to waste time trying to find it or have no clue.....simple mechanics.

May provide a honeymoon period of pain relief.

Anyways Goodluck with it, hope you get well.

eDOC!!

EDITED:
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by stevewoodz99 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:37 pm

eDOC wrote:I gave you the solution and stand by it (DMSO infusions). What I have witnessed over +3 decades, conv. orthopeds performing arthroscopic procedures of ankle, knee and than debridement, joint replacement procedures etc. does more harm than good cause they are tunnel visioned or fail to address the root cause. They don't want to waste time trying to find it or have no clue.....simple mechanics.

May provide a honeymoon period of pain relief.

Anyways Goodluck with it, hope you get well.

eDOC!!

thanks
I cannt find anyone around me who does DMSO infusions
i live in kc, mo

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#12  Post by DiverDown2 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:41 am

Look into Glycine

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by stevewoodz99 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:41 am

DiverDown2 wrote:Look into Glycine

thank you
I have heard good things!

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by jimmylesante » Sun May 01, 2022 9:56 pm

I cannt find anyone around me who does DMSO infusions
i live in kc, mo

For the record i agree with eDOC. You need to hit the wobble board increase your proprioception and get DMSO topical oral and IV.
Good DMSO comes from Sprigfield MO
I'm guessing you i Kansas City Missouri side. So not to far away i believe a Dr in Tulsa Oklahoma does vitamin drips etc

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#15  Post by stevewoodz99 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:50 pm

Id love the name of the MD who does DMSO in Tulsa

Platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) combined wioth fasting. glycine and vit C and oral dmso and lypospheric vitC?

any thoughts on PRP injections?

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”