Ascorbic acid helpful for bacterial overgrowth?

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ascorbic acid helpful for bacterial overgrowth?

Post Number:#1  Post by Opti » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:34 am

Is it true what Dr. Myhill says about ascorbic acid, "Vitamin C is toxic to all microbes and is a helpful part of treatment of the upper fermenting gut. Vitamin C is poorly absorbed which, for this purpose, is ideal! Microbes are present in the upper gut in millions, and in the lower gut in trillions. The idea is to gradually increase the dose until there is mild diarrhoea, i.e. one starts to kill lower gut microbes, then reduce. This is called taking vitamin C to bowel tolerance. Taken last thing at night on an empty stomach is an efficient way to use vitamin C."?

Would ascorbic acid be helpful for stomach and upper gut bacterial overgrowth?

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Ascorbic acid helpful for bacterial overgrowth?

Post Number:#2  Post by Blargus » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:54 pm

IMO just an amateur, I think that's probably right. It couldn't hurt.

Whenever "infection" or "-itis" is part of my doctor's diagnosis, I take saturation level (bowel tolerance) vitamin C until the infection is gone. In high doses, vitamin C works like an antibiotic, antiviral, antihistamine, and antipyretic (fever reducer) without the possible dangerous side effects of pharmaceutical drugs. So, if my doctor hands me a prescription for any of these, I go home and take saturation-level doses of vitamin C instead until my symptoms go away.

http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources ... 4n12.shtml

And might I add supposedly an anti-toxin to every known toxin.

Also activated charcoal as well as colostrum are supposed to really clean up the gut. In Dr. Levy's Rapid Virus Recovery (rvr.medfoxpub.com) nebulized hydrogen peroxide is said to normalize gut flora I believe based on conclusive studies as all his work is. You might be interested in his work in that book that indicates that gut dysbacteria could originate in the mouth after infection or illness and to normalize it, oral sanitation with gargling or nebulizing H2O2 or other things could I believe help rectify the gut bacteria.

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”