Are we wasting supplements?

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Are we wasting supplements?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:15 am

Rereading the ancient science, they keep saying that if a nutrient isn't "bound" to glucose, (i.e. there is no insulin present) it won't get to where it's supposed to go.

Liver Rescue. Pg. 299 wrote: One powerful undiscovered tip is to consider taking your supplements with a piece of fruit such as a banana or even some potato, sweet potato, winter squash, raw honey, maple syrup or coconut water. As you read earlier in the book, sugar is what carries vitamins, minerals and nutrients through the bloodstream to help them find their way to where they need to go, and an organ won't accept vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients without sugar to assist it. Taking your supplements with natural sugars ensures that the liver and other parts of the body can actually use them.

One reason high vitamin C may work is that the sugar-like vitamin C molecule can induce the pancreas to release insulin. Thank you Dr. Levy for finding the research on this.

This coincident insulin release might explain both the need and success of high dose vitamin C.

Just maybe, taking smaller amounts -- with fruit, per above, -- would work as well? Another question for the Vitamin C Foundation Laboratories...
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Qimualaniq656
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Are we wasting supplements?

Post Number:#2  Post by Qimualaniq656 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:03 pm

I can't find that book by Dr. Levy. Only the one by the celery juice guy.

I really hate celery juice.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Are we wasting supplements?

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:29 am

Dr. Levy provided the information about the studies that showed vitamin C can cause the pancreas to release insulin via email and we posted the information at this forum. (I did find a post by medical professor johnwen who pointed out:
jonwhen wrote:There is a sudden drop can be attributed to a release of insulin from the pancreas moving the V-C and some glucose into the cells.

https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10603&p=31283&hilit=levy+insulin+pancreas#p31283
).

Fresh celery juice is an acquired taste.

That"celery juice guy" 's book said that following the celery juice protocol can restore adrenal health, maybe within 18 months. The protocol worked for me in less than a year! I was caught off guard. I am adrenal insufficient (Addison's Disease-like) and I had to take 75% to full cortisol hormone-replacement dose as hydrocortisone. We'll it never occurred to me that my adrenals could come back, and when that happened, I had not idea that my own cortisol function had returned.

At this point, my normal dose was overdosing me, causing a "temporary" mania that landed me in a mental ward!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”