Noticeable effect from ascorbic acid and baking soda

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Noticeable effect from ascorbic acid and baking soda

Post Number:#1  Post by Blanko » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:46 pm

I mixed some ascorbic acid with baking soda as is my preferred way of taking so-called vitamin C. I have a very noticeable effect shortly after drinking a glass of water with this mixture. It is a stimulant effect where I feel like I've just consumed coffee. I feel the stimulation in my blood and how it is pumping. Is this partly because of the sodium intake from the baking soda? Any thoughts?

This effect explains why this method of taking ascorbic acid has had negative effects on my ability to sleep at a good hour. It's not conducive to sleep when the body is hyped up like this. I had been taking ascorbic acid with baking soda at all hours without regard for this stimulation.

The baking soda I use is Bob's Red Mill. The ascorbic acid I'm using currently is Natural Factors ascorbic acid crystals.

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Noticeable effect from ascorbic acid and baking soda

Post Number:#2  Post by Blanko » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:20 pm

I guess the stimulation could have been from some tea I forgot I had. Will have to do a better experiment tomorrow or in the days ahead.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Noticeable effect from ascorbic acid and baking soda

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 01, 2023 10:30 am

Pauling consumed his 9000 mg of ascorbic acid with sodium bicarbonate for years without problems.

The Medical Medium warns that baking soda, by itself, is caustic (irritating) to the digestive tract.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”