Am I doing the PT correct.

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Muddrum

Am I doing the PT correct.

Post by Muddrum » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:44 pm

I started the Pauling Therapy June 21,2023 with three grams of Vitamin C, one gram of L-Proline and three grams of L-Lysine dissolved in a bottle with 16oz of water. I sip this mixture through the day until empty (about seven hours) then I create another bottle, same ingredients, and sip it through the remaining time in the day. This should give me a total of six grams of Vitamin C, six grams of L-Lysine and two grams of L-Proline in a twenty-four-hour period. I read the vitamin C half life is 30 minutes so I figure I should draw out the consumption through the day. Is this procedure OK?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Am I doing the PT correct.

Post by pamojja » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:51 am

The vitamin C will oxidise and degrate very fast in water, so you're probably getting only a fractions of ascorbic acid you're taking.

From an other post:

pamojja wrote:
pamojja wrote:The following was advised by Linus Pauling just to maintain good health, already with heart attack much, much more is likely needed:

Here the original text of 1986, when much new research wasn't available jet.

How to Live Longer and Feel Better

• Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams to 18 g (6000 to 18,000 milligrams), or more. Do not miss a single day.
  • Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.
  • Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B-vitamins.
  • Take 25,000 IU vitamin A tablet every day.
  • Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson vitamin-mineral formula, which provides 100 mg of calcium, 18 mg of iron, 0.15 mg of iodine, 1 mg of copper, 25 mg of magnesium, 3 mg of manganese, 15 mg of zinc, 0.015 mg of molybdenum, 0.015 mg of chromium, and 0.015 mg of selenium.
  • Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drink.
  • Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
  • Drink plenty of water every day.
  • Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.
  • Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.
  • Do not smoke cigarettes.
  • Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family.

So you actually not even taking preventive doses, not to talk about therapeutic..

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Saw » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:06 am

Muddrum wrote:I started the Pauling Therapy June 21,2023 with three grams of Vitamin C, one gram of L-Proline and three grams of L-Lysine dissolved in a bottle with 16oz of water. I sip this mixture through the day until empty (about seven hours) then I create another bottle, same ingredients, and sip it through the remaining time in the day. This should give me a total of six grams of Vitamin C, six grams of L-Lysine and two grams of L-Proline in a twenty-four-hour period. I read the vitamin C half life is 30 minutes so I figure I should draw out the consumption through the day. Is this procedure OK?

Hmm, I seem to recall the halflife of C at 4 hours. But I like your 30 min dosing. You could use distilled water to ensure no copper to degrade the C.
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:44 am

You could use distilled water to ensure no copper to degrade the C.

According to Jerry Tennant, MD (Author of Healing is Voltage) the problem with distilled water is that it will "soak up" minerals from tissues, depleting tissues. And the Medical Medium oracle recommends adding minerals to even filtered water.

The 30 minute half life means that the vitamin C needs to be replaced every 3 to 4 hours. There are great books by Steve Hickey and Hillary Roberts that describe their Dynamic Flow theory, and how you can keep your vitamin C blood levels fairly constant.

Your plan otherwise seems fine, but don't forget the other antioxidants, especially vitamin E
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”