Sugar or No Sugar? How to Best Take the Pauling Heart Therapy

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Sugar or No Sugar? How to Best Take the Pauling Heart Therapy

Post by ofonorow » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:24 pm

We have long advocated avoiding sugar when taking vitamin C. This advice was based on Dr. Ely's Glucose-Ascorbate Antagonism (GAA) theory. It was thought that because vitamin C and sugars enter cells via the GLUT (insulin) receptors on cell membranes, that reducing sugars in the serum reduced competition for these receptors allowing more vitamin C to enter cells.

In any case, insulin is required to drive glucose and/or vitamin C into cells.

I believe we now have a better understanding thanks to the knowledge in the Medical Medium writings, and this advice to avoid sugars, glucose in particular, was wrong.

Glucose, by inducing the pancreas to produce insulin, drives itself, and any nutrients attached to glucose into cells.

Vitamin C by virtue of its similarity to glucose, may also stimulate the release of insulin, necessary to drive nutrients into cells. This would explain the success of the Pauling Heart Therapy on low sugar diets.

But we now know that taking glucose, rather than hinder, would help promote vitamin C absorption.

What else do we know? We now know that if blood sugar is high, then insulin is low (or there is insulin resistance), and this would prevent all nutrients and sugars from entering cells. It would look to Ely and others as if the sugar was competing with the vitamin C, when in reality neither glucose nor vitamin C could enter cells.

The Medical Medium explains that high blood sugars and insulin resistance is caused by fat in the blood stream. Fat does not drive nutrients into cells, but rather blocks this process.

Sugars (and thus insulin) are required to drive nutrients into cells. Type I diabetics take note.

Dr. Levy's research tells us that vitamin C, by mimicking glucose, can cause the pancreas to release insulin, and this may explain why high dose vitamin C works without glucose. But a fairly large amount of vitamin C is apparently required.

That begs the question whether taking vitamin C and lysine WITH sugar, would work even better, i.e., the glucose would induce an insulin release, and we might therefore require less vitamin C for therapeutic action?

My new recommendations are to take fruit or fruit juice while taking vitamin C and the Pauling Heart Therapy, while at the same time reducing fat (and fiber).

I have been experimenting with this idea for some time. I use a bottle of water. I run it through a Berkey Filter and fill the bottle halfway with filtered water. I add my Cardio-C, extra vitamin C and a fruit juice to fill the bottle. Orange juice is probably ideal, but I have found that an All-Natural SIMPLY CRABBERRY JUICE COCKTAIL available at all local grocery stores is especially flavorful.

We also learn of the high requirement the heart has for glucose. Our next Pauling Heart Therapy product will most likely replace the Stevia with pure d-glucose (dextrose).

Initial reevaluation of our advice here after reading the Medical Medium
https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14376#p54941

Hopefully it is crystal clear that we are specifically recommending glucose (dextrose) and not table sugar (sucrose), high fructose corn syrup or other sugars. All fruits and honey and pure maple syrup are good sources of excellent glucose.

The glucose I have been adding to my drinks is:
https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Dextro ... 143&sr=8-5
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”