The Calcium Scan to diagnose Atherosclerosis & Vitamin C

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Martin
Contributor
Contributor

The Calcium Scan to diagnose Atherosclerosis & Vitamin C

Post by Martin » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:43 pm

I am rather new to this board. I am looking for those who have monitored their results by utilizing a series of Coronary calcium scans which uses special computerized tomography (CT) to look for calcium deposits in the heart arteries. Perhaps members can comment on their results using Vitamin C, Lysine & Proline therapy along with numeration of their scores over time. Whether calcium scores declined with use, how long did it take, what nutritional supplements they utilized aside from the Pauling therapy, whether their calcification was long standing as in hard plaque vs soft plaque etc. I will start off by saying that I was on the Esselstyn/Ornish program of low fat and oil and mostly raw fruits, vegetables and grains. To my chagrin, my score went up from 2200 to 2400 in 22 months despite the rigidity of the diet. I next tried the Nanobactx program whereas the score went down just 3% in 8 months. Fortunately, I am now on the Pauling therapy for one month, along with IV injections of Plaquex and on alternate days Cavadex. I am going on 82 years young...no angina, no symptoms that one would expect from hardened arteries, lots of exercise, veggies and definitely, no angiograms... no Cardiologists and no ailments.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: The Calcium Scan to diagnose Atherosclerosis & Vitamin C

Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:36 pm

Repeating, while vitamin C augmented with lysine controls/reverses ordinary atherosclerotic plaques, it is our experience that calcium is a) caused by medications and b) does not respond directly to vitamin C, but will respond to vitamin K.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Martin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Martin » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:12 am

Repeating....my situation. Facts first: I DO NOT TAKE Pharmaceutical MEDICATIONS. Also for 22 months I was taking as much as 720 mcg of Vitamin K2 as MK-7 (Menaquionine) daily from Jarrow and my calcification still increased from a score of 2200 to 2400. My diet ...beans and rice, grains, oat meal, vegetables and fruit, few if any nuts with avoidance of oxidized fats and oils per Ornish/ Esselstyn program. My LP (a) level is 28 as of a month ago when I first started the Pauling therapy. I realize that on a metabolic basis we are all different and my results on Vitamin K-7 may differ from others. It may work for some as nutritionists claim, but not for me.

I want to thank Owen and the moderators of this board who provide a wealth of information. Owen's brilliant book, "Practicing Medicine Without a License" is an eye-opener as to the cause of Atherosclerosis, its treatment and the experience of others. We should all read it.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:01 am

Martin wrote:I am looking for those who have monitored their results by utilizing a series of Coronary calcium scans which uses special computerized tomography (CT) to look for calcium deposits in the heart arteries. Perhaps members can comment on their results using Vitamin C, Lysine & Proline therapy along with numeration of their scores over time. Whether calcium scores declined with use, how long did it take, what nutritional supplements they utilized aside from the Pauling therapy, whether their calcification was long standing as in hard plaque vs soft plaque etc.

On the old TrackYourPlaque forum by Dr. William Davis coronary calcium scans were the main tool, to assess progress or regression. One member, also using ascorbic acid and lysine, documented his particularly difficult case here to read in every detail: https://www.k-vitamins.com/index.php?pa ... -all&id=18

In those days there wasn't really high dose K-vitamins available, therefore he started to produce it for himself and others, also available at that site.

At that time also member of the TYP forum, he indented to actually use double the vitamin K doses in one pill than he did in the end. I was one who recommended him to use only half his planned dose per pill, so that I could still afford it.

Coronary calcium scans make only sense when repeated over time, and good technicians to read it consistently and correctly. I never used, simply because here they are not in regular use, and therefore questionable to find anyone with experience in interpreting. Did however have a walking-disabilty from PAD (due to a 80% stenosis at the abdominal aorta bifurcation), which after 7 years of comprehensive supplementation and lifestyle changes went into remission.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”