Levy/Riordan Clinic paper on Vit C/Hydrocortisone published (JOM)

A discussion of Paul Marik's remarkable new therapy that cures a major killer in hospitals: Sepsis

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Levy/Riordan Clinic paper on Vit C/Hydrocortisone published (JOM)

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:12 am

https://isom.ca/article/the-levels-of-ascorbic-acid-in-blood-and-mononuclear-blood-cells-after-oral-liposome-encapsulated-and-oral-non-encapsulated-vitamin-c-supplementation-taken-without-and-with-iv-hydrocortisone/
Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine
The Levels of Ascorbic Acid in Blood and Mononuclear
Blood Cells After Oral Liposome-Encapsulated and
Oral Non-Encapsulated Vitamin C Supplementation,
Taken Without and with IV Hydrocortisone

Nina Mikirova; Tom Levy; Ronald Hunninghake
Riordan Clinic, 3100 North Hillside, Wichita, KS, USA ; 2Consultant of the Riordan Clinic and LivOn Laboratories
Correspondence: nmikirova AT riordanclinic.com

Congratulations Drs. The study measured plasma and white blood cell concentrations of ascorbate after the intake of vitamin C powder, liposomal, and powder/hydrocortisone IV, and liposomal/hydrocortisone IV.

Highlights and Results:

The goal of this study was to compare concentrations of ascorbate (vitamin C) in plasma and white blood cells (WBCs) after oral administration of 1) liposomal vitamin C versus 2) traditional vitamin C in the form of powder and to analyze the effect of hydrocortisone on the improvement of ascorbate intake by cells.

The second goal of the project was to demonstrate that IV hydrocortisone when administered at the time of supplementation by the oral form of vitamin C can increase the transport of ascorbate into white blood cells, resulting in the higher intracellular ascorbic acid concentrations.

Animal studies, along with human clinical studies, support the concept that vitamin C and hydrocortisone appear to be designed by nature to naturally interact with each other to optimize the antioxidant impact in diseased and infected tissues, and to directly promote the recovery of their normal functions whileaccelerating their healing.

According to these data, in plasma the maximum concentration of ascorbate encapsulated in the liposomal carrier wasreached 4 hours after supplementation in comparison with maximum at 2 hours for non-encapsulated form of ascorbate.

After liposomal ascorbate intake, in average the concentration of ascorbate in plasma was increased on 110% after 2 hours, reached maximum levels of 160% after 4 hours and decreased to the level 125% after 6 hours.

For the non-encapsulated form of ascorbate the maximum level of 170% increase was reached after 2 hours and then decreased to 90% and 80% at the 4 and 6 hours post-dose measurements

In average, the ascorbate concentration remained in plasma at the level two times higher than initial during 3 hours for non-encapsulated ascorbate and longer than 4.5 hours for liposomal ascorbate.

In summary, no significant difference was noted in the maximum concentrations of ascorbate in plasma between liposome-encapsulated and non-encapsulated ascorbate, but a difference was found in the retention time of the ascorbate in blood with liposomal formulation retention longer than the retention of non-encapsulated ascorbate.

After liposomal supplementation the level of ascorbate in cells was increased by 30% two hours after supplementation, reached maximum 50% increase after 4 hours, and sustained retention of 30% increase after 6 hours.

For non-encapsulated ascorbate the baseline level did not change two hours post-dose, then increased by 40% after 4 hours and decreased to 15% above the average normalized initial concentration at the 6-hour time point.

The data in Figure 3 suggest faster intake of liposomal ascorbate by cells. The comparison of the areas under the curve for concentrations that were higher than initial levels showed that AUC was 50% larger for liposomal formulation in comparison with non-encapsulated ascorbate.

Another interesting observation was that of the amount of ascorbate incorporated in the cells depended on the initial level of ascorbate in WBCs. For the lower initial intracellular level of ascorbate 50 nm/108 cells the increase of the ascorbate concentration in cells was higher (180%) than for higher initial concentrations 100 nm/108 cells (80%).

The effect of hydrocortisone resulted in more favorable percentage of change at all time points with the final increase to 75% at 6 hours post-dose. The difference at the 6 hour time point was statistically significant (p-value<0.05). The area under normalized concentration-time curve for values higher than initial levels was on 60% larger for liposomal supplementation taken after IV hydrocortisone.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Levy/Riordan Clinic paper on Vit C/Hydrocortisone published (JOM)

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:29 am

Thanks so much, for a study finally testing the difference of cellular uptake comparing straight 5 gram of regular AA to 5 gram liposomal, I was waiting for so long.

In the end just a 50% increase in AUC between the two even in cells only. So easily be made up by taking 20 gram regular daily troughout the day. To get the equal AUC in cells would take about 13 gram liposomal daily.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 am

pamojja wrote:Thanks so much, for a study finally testing the difference of cellular uptake comparing straight 5 gram of regular AA to 5 gram liposomal, I was waiting for so long.

Actually my mistake. It was only sodium ascorbate compared to liposomal (also containing sodium ascorbate), but no regular ascorbic acid.

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by johnyascorbate » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:34 pm

I'm just seeing this now. Amazing that these tests are taking place. Its great to have this data. Kudos to Dr. Levy and the Riordan Clinic. Dr. Levy is convinced that sodium ascorbate is the same as ascorbic acid. I don't believe it is, and I'm perplexed that Dr. Hunninghake was okay with using sodium ascorbate. Ascorbic acid would have produced higher levels.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by pamojja » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:16 pm

johnyascorbate wrote:Dr. Levy is convinced that sodium ascorbate is the same as ascorbic acid. I don't believe it is, and I'm perplexed that Dr. Hunninghake was okay with using sodium ascorbate. Ascorbic acid would have produced higher levels.

I agree. Though I do see a problem there in comparing regular ascorbic acid to liposomal encapsulated sodium ascorbate. Its a bit like comparing apples to pears.

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by johnyascorbate » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:56 pm

pamojja wrote:I agree. Though I do see a problem there in comparing regular ascorbic acid to liposomal encapsulated sodium ascorbate. Its a bit like comparing apples to pears.

Is it though? The sodium ascorbate is encapsulated, and because of that, it wouldn't make a difference if its AA or SA. I'm happy to know that NOW FOODS makes sodium ascorbate that is quality. I've been buying Bronson's for a while, but migh switch to NOW because of this study out and it is cheaper.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:55 am

johnyascorbate wrote:Is it though? The sodium ascorbate is encapsulated, and because of that, it wouldn't make a difference if its AA or SA.

I suspect AA compared to SA orally would produce a much higher spike in plasma levels to begin with, and thereby also lessening the AUC advantage of liposomal.

Personally get local 100g AA bottles for €1.95. Since the 10 years it added up to 91 kg consumed for €1.774,50. Probably try a bulk-seller next, who has up to 25kg packs. Up to 20kg €20,- for shipping within Europe, above €40,-. 5x 5kg incl. shipping €243,60. Or €1,22 per 100g.

Return to “Sepsis Cure: IV/C, Hydrocortisone and Vit B1 Protocol”